Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 - Respray Done!

Got my car back from the body shop today. Will share some pics during the week while its parked outside in the sun. The paint is awesome.......just looks like regular white paint.... When its parked out in the sun, the paint "comes alive" as you walk around the car and light hits it. The workmanship of the painter is brilliant too! I'm happy........

Just a quick pic of it in my garage

post-46625-0-09580900-1372004263_thumb.j

and a close up of the paintwork under direct light

post-46625-0-64574800-1372004296_thumb.j

It was definitely worth the money I spent on it and the 4 week wait!

Edited by HoodRich

Thanks Moodyblue ;-)

Took a quick pic (or two) in the basement today. I really need to get some pics in the sun but leave for work when its dark and get home when its dark .......Just looks like regular white paint in the shade

post-46625-0-79678000-1372180265_thumb.j

post-46625-0-46298300-1372180382_thumb.j

Rims were refurb'd as well

• Like 1

*grin* Thanks Kodiak.

This car means a lot to me as I have always dreamed of owning one. I feel like I went back to 1999, bought one, and brought it back to 2013:-)

Just need to get the interior professionally cleaned .....

• Like 1

wow thats perfect. Ive always dreamt about owning a mint car with no dings, scratches, paint defects and always thought until i buy a bran new car it wont happen. I was wrong it looks absolutely mint. I would be so chuffed. Looks like your car stands out a mile in that car park too! lol

• Like 1

Thanks Pete. You say the kindest things :-) It does feel good to drive a 13 year old car with not a single dent or ding! Only problem now is that I am really nervous to park it in parking lots!

Thanks Pete. You say the kindest things :-) It does feel good to drive a 13 year old car with not a single dent or ding! Only problem now is that I am really nervous to park it in parking lots!

yeah thats the only problem, especially for a daily driver. take up 2 spaces :whistling:

I just park as far away from the entrance as possible - much to my wife's annoyance. I park where its nice and quiet and have less chance of kids swinging the doors open on Mom's Taxi against my car....

Still havent decided if this IS200 should be my daily driver or not. A part of me is saying "park it off and use on the weekend"....and the other part of me is saying "go on.......enjoy your car and drive it whenever you like".....

• Like 1

Thanks Ganesh. Appreciate it! Yes, the other car is a 2011 Kia Cerato 2.0. It's really an awesome underrated car, but I barely drive it since it got my IS200 3 months ago!