Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - Is200 Se

uncleterry

Just a few updates - changed the main beam bulbs for some brighter ones with a blue coating, hoped they'd reflect in the lamps a bit more than they do though. New number plates as the rear got an advisory for de-lamination, and its a normal sized one now.

Also ordered slide pins and matching seals/boots to do a weekend soon, and a 6R4 touchup pen for a few areas.

Dsc_0609_1.jpg

Dsc_0616_j.jpg

Dsc_0607_j.jpg

Next, steering wheel boss, possibly still grille mods (although struggling to find a cheap Lexus front badge as I don't want to butcher the original...) and I'm considering a front splitter...

• Like 1

Your car is gleaming, nice job :)

Yeah guessed that haha. What area/dept did you used to be in there if you don't mind me asking?

I was part of the engineering team for engine lubrication. I was mainly involved in engine oil pump design. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Your car is gleaming, nice job :)

Yeah guessed that haha. What area/dept did you used to be in there if you don't mind me asking?

I was part of the engineering team for engine lubrication. I was mainly involved in engine oil pump design. :)

Cheers. Ah cool. Never had much involvement with powertrain. Ive worked mostly in body and interior trim there in the past.

So, I had planned to sort out the slide pins this Saturday. Got all of the bits from Lexus the other day, but I was a bit too hungover Saturday morning and couldnt get the caliper bolts undone so I gave up a bit too quickly. I did notice however that the brake discs weren't screwed onto the hub. Obviously its held by the wheel when fitted but there are threaded holes that look as though they should help alignment - I noticed the brakes were rubbing on and off when rotating the wheel with it up in the air and after I refitted it more carefully, one bolt at a time (unlike the tyre place who probably did them up last) it was much more even. Anyone know where I can get some of the exact retaining bolts/screws meant to be in there? No idea if they're hex or torx etc etc.

Later on once I'd recovered a bit I had a go at my grille. I got the altezza one cheap as it had a clipping leg snapped off. So I made a new bit out of 6mm thick plastic and araldited it in place. Doesn't look great at the moment, wanted to get it back on the car, but i'll probably clean it up and paint it another time.

Grille_clip_1.jpg

While I was at it I got my spare Lexus front badge and did the mod to fit it to the Z grille.

Grille_badge_1.jpg

Grille_badge_2.jpg

Took a lot of dremmelling then test fitting then re-dremmelling, but it sits nice and snug now and the cable ties ensure its not going anywhere.

Went to a stance show here in Essex today, was ok but of course I parked out in the non-show car area :) It gave me a good opportunity to get some pictures of it in the sun though.

Stancism_1.jpg

Stancism_2.jpg

So changes so far are - Altezza grille with Lexus badge modified to fit, blue/white 8500k main beam bulbs, new numberplates, Momo gear shifter, and I put my modified airbox back on today with its K&N filter in. Sounded really nice on the drive back :)

• Like 1

Good work on the grille. I'd love to do that to me car...

Thanks :) Yeah altezza grilles seem to be difficult to get hold of anywhere other than Japan or the US, I got lucky with this broken one in that I could fix it up!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links