Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its Insurance Time Again

I know this will madden some of you and understandably but this years premium is the same as last years £200. It cause I'm old and live in a crime free area. Last recorded crime 13th April 2013, Bike theft.

If you want to see how the crime rate in your area put your postcode in at this Police Web Site.

http://www.police.uk/

Mike

Mike, thanks for reminding me :arrrggg-matey: I'm still mulling over what I am to do about Saga and in my mind the total rip-off that they have stuffed me with !!! :megaangry:

Malc

• Like 1

I envy your location Mike, wish I lived in a much more Rural/Civilised Area,-round here, they'd steal the sugar out of your tea-and,I pay three times your premium for the privilege,but then, your's would be cheaper, as your older than me?...........

I guess I need to get older still to get my down to £200 or maybe a sleepy town in the Cotswolds is a bit of a hotspot of crime (need to check out the police web site), and the last time I called the Police was because someone left a nicked bike in my garden.

I have found John Lewis are good for competitive quotes, especially if you do slightly higher mileage etc. and more than competitive with other companies recommended on this forum

I gave up on Saga as they were no better then your run of the mill company.

Never tried Saga myself for similar reasons as they always quote high.

Just renewed my insurance, was with Privelege but decided to go with Admiral. The £130 cheaper quote was the decider and that was for their platinum policy online. I am also in an area that is a higher than average risk.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It all depends on who you go with, what insurance you got and many many varying factors. Although, getting your premium down to £200 is quite the achievement.

• 7 years later...
On 6/25/2013 at 7:04 AM, Bluesbreaker said:

I envy your location Mike, wish I lived in a much more Rural/Civilised Area,-round here, they'd steal the sugar out of your tea-and,I pay three times your premium for the privilege,but then, your's would be cheaper, as your older than me?...........

Only 3x 😂😂 I wish, I'm paying £1400 pa

A lot of companies have hitherto offered lower premiums to new policy holders and then bumped up the cost on renewal.  I have read that this practice is prohibited from January, so companies cannot offer lower premiums than they give to existing policy holders for same risk.  This may benefit those who just renew but not those who shop around for introductory premiums.

I thought that being in North Devon now I would be in an area where there was much less crime but having used the crime link find it is is worse on every count than I entered for my previous address that came within the bounds of Croydon !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links