Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Super Charger On Tte Supercharged Is200

hi guys quick question, my is200 tte had supercharger kit before i bought it but bought it with out as previos owner sold it before selling car and the engine managment light comes on every 50 miles or so then i reset with code reader. i cant mind at this moment what code is but is this because the kit is missing but ecu is still reading for supercharger?

List of codes here mate:-

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Codes starting PO are generic fault codes and relate to any car.

Codes starting P1 are manufacturer specific. List of Lexus fault codes here :-

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/lexus/

those codes were a great help but i have the code reading P0155 then P0155 P and P0420 i have looked at the codes link you gave me and i am thinking it is oxygen sensor as as they are simailar descriptions. has anyone had these codes and repared the problem?

Provided the wiring isn't damaged or the sensor disconnected, P0155 is because of a faulty O2 sensor, position B2S1. P0420 is highly likely to be caused by the first fault so I wouldn't do anything about that until the first issue is resolved.

PO155...

O2 Sensor heater Circuit malfunction. Bank 2 sensor 1. It's one of your exhaust manifold sensors. I would assume it needs replacing.

PO420...

Catalysist system below threshold bank 1.

This means your catalytic converter is not working properly most likely due to the sensor not working in the 1st fault.

B2S1 is the rear upstream sensor - on the exhaust manifold.

I would use a Denso OEM sensor - The IS200 isn't that fussy about its O2 sensors but I would still go with a quality one. I believe DOX-0205 is the aftermarket direct replacement.

http://www.denso-am.co.uk/catalogue1.asp?make=LEXUS&model=IS (99-05)&catid=27&srchType=1&srchTxt=Lexus

and recommended place to get it from is sparkplugs.co.uk I've used them a couple of times before, they have good prices and good service.

This will be about 1/3 of the cost of a Lexus/Toyota part from a dealer.

I just had a look and the sensor furthlest away from the front of car is against the bodywork. i guess with the aftermarket exhaust it is making it tight, there may be around 1mm of space but i think this is the issue and need a shorter sensor or maybe bend the exhaust which will take time. if not this is might be just faulty.

do you know which one that is for me by looking at it either the one closest to front of car or furlest away one?

rear (nearest the windscreen)

thanks yes that is the one that is against the body work because of the exhast.

do you know which one that is for me by looking at it either the one closest to front of car or furlest away one?

rear (nearest the windscreen)

thanks yes that is the one that is against the body work because of the exhast.

is there a quick way to test if its the sensor?

B2S1 is the rear upstream sensor - on the exhaust manifold.

I would use a Denso OEM sensor - The IS200 isn't that fussy about its O2 sensors but I would still go with a quality one. I believe DOX-0205 is the aftermarket direct replacement.

http://www.denso-am.co.uk/catalogue1.asp?make=LEXUS&model=IS (99-05)&catid=27&srchType=1&srchTxt=Lexus

and recommended place to get it from is sparkplugs.co.uk I've used them a couple of times before, they have good prices and good service.

This will be about 1/3 of the cost of a Lexus/Toyota part from a dealer.

hi do you know how to become a member of this site it just has a login not a sign up?

the compressor kit ran a piggy back ecu, soldered into the main ecu. Situated in the black case near the passenger headlamp (cover bolted down)

possibly a unconnected piggy back may cause errors

this is two pictures of my ecu can you tell me if the piggy back ecu has been removed? and the other pic is the o2 sensor and had a kink in it due to the cable being tight and the angle which its at, do you think this could be the issue with it now working? and do you get smaller sensors so it could fit rather than having to cut metal or bend the exhaust through heat?

post-47345-0-79902000-1372273297_thumb.j

post-47345-0-52979300-1372273329_thumb.j

post-47345-0-45146300-1372273350_thumb.j

from what I recall the piggyback mod just lowered the rev limit a small amount. It wouldn't cause the error you are getting.

Looking at the picture it is quite possible that the wiring on the sensor has been damaged rather than the sensor itself becoming faulty. This needs to be sorted out, if the heater +ve wire becomes exposed you will blow a fuse and potentially have the engine cut out whist driving.

Really quite a bad installation.

from what I recall the piggyback mod just lowered the rev limit a small amount. It wouldn't cause the error you are getting.

Looking at the picture it is quite possible that the wiring on the sensor has been damaged rather than the sensor itself becoming faulty. This needs to be sorted out, if the heater +ve wire becomes exposed you will blow a fuse and potentially have the engine cut out whist driving.

Really quite a bad installation.

thanks for the advice i didnt relaise it was that bad.