Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At the weekend I unfortunately had to work, my job is working on 6 to 15 ton furnaces which we empty out at anywhere from 1300-1700 degrees. Lukily enough the air conditioning in my ls460 is ice cold and the air conditioning through the seats is unbelievable,swmbo came out to me twice on Sunday because I wouldn't get out of the car until I was a ice cube

sounds as if now that summer has arrived, I need to trade up to 460.

Well maybe in a couple of years when I have had a bit more time to get bored with the 400

used to have a Peugeot 406, generally a really crap car, apart from fair road holding and air conditioning that could give you frost bite!!!

sounds as if now that summer has arrived, I need to trade up to 460.

Well maybe in a couple of years when I have had a bit more time to get bored with the 400

used to have a Peugeot 406, generally a really crap car, apart from fair road holding and air conditioning that could give you frost bite!!!

You might have a longer wait than a couple of years I've had mine for over 3 years and I still haven't got bored with her. The only other car I have ever owned and had such feelings for was a Frog Eye Sprite I bought when I was 20 and regret to this day ever selling her. Mike

I had a frog eyed sprite with a soft top and a fibreglas hard top, got chased by a ford zephyer police car after I jumped a red light coming from the Pub .I lost him because he could'nt drift round tight corners like the sprite.They knew were I lived so I sold it the next day part exchange for an Hillman Californian. O happy days.

Driving to Portsmouth yesterday in 26 degrees certainly made me appreciate how good my air con is. It's a shame that getting back in the car on the way home was a different experience. After sitting in the sun for 3 hours the black leather seats nearly took the skin off my bum! My wife of course being the sensible one waited outside for a minute with the door open.

Driving to Portsmouth yesterday in 26 degrees certainly made me appreciate how good my air con is. It's a shame that getting back in the car on the way home was a different experience. After sitting in the sun for 3 hours the black leather seats nearly took the skin off my bum! My wife of course being the sensible one waited outside for a minute with the door open.

no problem as such in the LS430 :) :)

I had a frog eyed sprite with a soft top and a fibreglas hard top, got chased by a ford zephyer police car after I jumped a red light coming from the Pub .I lost him because he could'nt drift round tight corners like the sprite.They knew were I lived so I sold it the next day part exchange for an Hillman Californian. O happy days.

Naughty naughty! Yes they were heady days if only we knew then what we know now, I also had the hard top and I can remember wondering what the weather was going to be to see if it was going to rain as the soft top was rubbish at keeping the weather out. I couldn't even fit into one today but every time I see one especially in yellow it takes me back to those long and happy days. I fitted an 8 track into it but wired it with a plug on so it could be taken out easy as there was no way you could secure anything in the car. Mike.

Naughty naughty! Yes they were heady days if only we knew then what we know now, I also had the hard top and I can remember wondering what the weather was going to be to see if it was going to rain as the soft top was rubbish at keeping the weather out. I couldn't even fit into one today but every time I see one especially in yellow it takes me back to those long and happy days. I fitted an 8 track into it but wired it with a plug on so it could be taken out easy as there was no way you could secure anything in the car. Mike.

I remember my 8 track, it saved so much time, as when one side was playing you could also hear the other as well. It means you could hear a whole album in half the time! Oh how I love digital.

I remember my 8 track, it saved so much time, as when one side was playing you could also hear the other as well. It means you could hear a whole album in half the time! Oh how I love digital.

I'd forgotten you didn't have to change the cartridge round to play the other side. The sound was amazing still is today, a mate of mine is a Hi Fi freak and still has loads of cartridges and when played through a modern (well 80's system) the sound is still amazing. Mike.

Another frogeye owner here.

Security was non existent mainly due to not having exterior door handles, or any form of doorlocks iirc.

Sliding windows allowed access to interior door opener wire.

Not a fan of 8 tracks either, damned things always stretched on mine, Diana Ross sounded like Jim Reeves.

The way to avoid burnt rear on hot leather, for Mark IV owners at least, is to keep your finger on the remote open button until it drops all the windows and opens the moon roof from a distance, thus allowing the hot air to escape form the car. Does this also work on earlier models ??

The way to avoid burnt rear on hot leather, for Mark IV owners at least, is to keep your finger on the remote open button until it drops all the windows and opens the moon roof from a distance, thus allowing the hot air to escape form the car. Does this also work on earlier models ??

Thanks for the reminder, I always forget about that!

Thanks for the reminder, I always forget about that!

Finger on the lock button does the reverse i.e. closes everything when you get out.

The 430 blowing cold air up your nether regions is priceless - the only problem is: I have not had to use the old chuff cooler for two years because of the rubbish summers we have had :)

Bren

I use a reflective sunshade for the windscreen of my car. Makes a real difference to the temperature of the seats and steering wheel when you return after it is parked in the sun :)

Hi Ganesh, my car is a veritable oven - where did you get your sunshade? as all I can find are cheap and nasty on eBay. Sounds like the optimum solution for leather clad seats....

All you fellow LS400 owners going on about your air-con,all the money I've spent on mine this year-(services/cambelt/sundries) I've been asked by my Mechanic: 'do you want me to re-gas your air-con?' Shivering in his workshop in May this year,I answer: 'nah, its not worth it,it'll be another near-Arctic Summer again' -me, and my big mouth.........nearly baked to a frazzle on Saturday last,on a day-out to the Cotswolds-good job I've got a sunroof...........

All you fellow LS400 owners going on about your air-con,all the money I've spent on mine this year-(services/cambelt/sundries) I've been asked by my Mechanic: 'do you want me to re-gas your air-con?' Shivering in his workshop in May this year,I answer: 'nah, its not worth it,it'll be another near-Arctic Summer again' -me, and my big mouth.........nearly baked to a frazzle on Saturday last,on a day-out to the Cotswolds-good job I've got a sunroof...........

You cant do right for doing wrong. Enjoy the summer while it lasts. Mike

You cant do right for doing wrong. Enjoy the summer while it lasts. Mike

I find the air con as useful in the winter as the summer - it is really good at demisting the windows. I am feeling quite smug because I had my system serviced and re-gassed :hocus-pokus:

I hope you are not too sweaty it you didn't.

Bren

How much (typically) is an aircon regas & what is likely to go wrong? The A/C on my Mk4 hasn't worked since I bought it, until now that's been a problem I can live with, now I'm really suffering.... thing is, will a regas likely make it work again? FWIW, if I turn the a/c on or off from the touch screen, it doesn't seem to start/stop the compressor, so I'm wondering if there's more to it than just gas (or does the a/c system know it's out of gas & not switch on out of safety?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links