Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Getting A Ct200H Sport, Need Some Opinions Please

Seriously thinking about picking up a Lexus CT200h Sport as
my next company car. Before I make the final decision I was hoping to get a few
real world answers from you guys and girls:-

Firstly, the stock audio system needs to work with my Iphone 5 for streaming music and more importantly hands free calling. I want to be able to use all of the hands free options in the car like steering wheel controls. Does anyone have experience with an Iphone and the CT?

Space in the back. I have a 4 year old with a booster seat and a 14 year old that will be I the back at weekends, is there enough room for them, or is the back space tight?

I hear that the CT’s are very noisy, I had an IS200 a while back and one of the stand out features of this car was how quiet it was and the quality of the interior. Is this still the case on the CT?

How is the performance? I currently have a Passat 2.0Hdi and don’t expect it to be as quick as that but I don’t want a car that is hard to drive either.

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions that you can offer.

Chris

In all honesty the best thing to do is take one out on a test drive and try all these things for yourself. Get the sales guy to connect your phone and see if its what you want. If he can't...ask him why is he sat in the car with you? I'm serious about this...I had a guy who knew nothing about the car so I took him back got out and said goodbye you've just lost any chance of a sale.

Think you may find the boot space a bit limited. The load height is quite high ( all those batteries taking up space).

Check you don't feel cramped by the seat and steering wheel grinding against your legs.

Get the feel of the cvt gearbox...I found it a bit odd and over revving too much for my liking.

Can be quite a firm ride, bit like an Audi S Line.

Would not say it was noisy...unnervingly quiet in Eco Battery driven mode.

Should get 45-62mpg.

Know a couple of reps who have the CT200h, one loves it, he other wishes he opted for the 143 Audi. Zero road tax on the CT is a bonus though.

picked the ct 200 as a company car due to the tax savings.

the car is good generally - comfortable, easy to drive, well spec'd, but the boot is tiny, the back seat looks cramped but OH was out with 3 friends last weekend and the two in the back commented how comfortable the car was.

mpg currently early 40s, it can be noisy when revved hard but soon quietens down. personally I prefer a diesel - faster, more economical and possibly cheaper in the first place but higher taxed for a while yet but when the diesel premium goes on company cars I think the main advantage of the ct has gone.

it was a good choice but would I pick it again - no back to audi / bmw next time - all down to the dealer experience (probably the worst ever)

As a general rule, The diesel is better for motorway or duel carriageway work and the hybrid is better for the single carriageway journeys.I have been fortunate enough to be able to drive the single carriageway and motorway routes with a petrol auto, a hybrid and a diesel auto which is how I decided upon that general rule. I guess that everyone has different standards and so, as someone has already suggested, try one out and see what you think.

I currently use my car for a 36 mile each way commute on single carriageway roads (normally following lorries which are impossible to overtake) and so the hybrid is the one to have. I was previously travelling 50 miles each way on motorways or dual carriageways and so the diesel auto was the one to have. I like autos just because the roads are too crowded to really enjoy using a manual.

I've just ordered a CT Luxury Nav as my company car and I was deciding between this and a BMW116d M Sport auto. I do about 25k pa mostly on the motorway and dual carriageway and was originally swayed by the diesel auto, but seeing as all my driving is in rush hour(s), I spend just as much time crawling along in queues as I do cruising along in the outside lane! So decided the tranquility and economy of the CT in traffic would outweigh the extra 10mpg or so the diesel auto would give on the Mway.

Car should arrive by the end of the month when I return from hols ,so will soon find out. Local dealer gave me a car for a couple of hours to try out, without this I think I might have been swayed by all the negative magazine reviews and gone for the BMW. Don't know why they all have a downer on the CT, the ride I found fine and loads better than the pool Ford C Max I have at the moment which is awful, yet all the reviews say its comfortable!

Having had the car for just over 2 months now, its not a bad car, in fairness some of the reviews are harsh or don't represent daily use, I found a company car reveiw site that was quite upbeat about the car and that was probably the most accurate review. Its an easy relaxing car to drive and comfortable to boot, were not finding the ride harsh even on the 17" rims but the tyres are yoko's - we'll see what it rides like on the lease companies favorite Michelins when they are due for change.

The economy isn't proving as good as the audi diesel even being used locally and its a lot worse on a run. Its very likely I'll go back to diesel as I actually prefer the driving characteristics of a good diesel car and I have had significantly better dealer experiences with bmw / audi.

I have been given a CT200 SE whilst waiting for my IS300h F Sport to arrive - I was pleasantly surprised by the refinement and would have it over a diesel any day of the week. I would think it would have to be the class leader where refinement is concerned, I didn't even find it that bad when putting my foot on the gas either.

I have been given a CT200 SE whilst waiting for my IS300h F Sport to arrive - I was pleasantly surprised by the refinement and would have it over a diesel any day of the week. I would think it would have to be the class leader where refinement is concerned, I didn't even find it that bad when putting my foot on the gas either.

Did you manage to see or drive an IS300h before you ordered it? I was tempted by one but the only one within my allowance was the SE which comes with 16" wheels, no leather or Nav, and whilst I saw pictures of all the others and they looked fabulous, nobody could show me what an SE looked like, and as the CT looks a bit weedy with 16" thought it would not suit the IS. Plus rear wheel drive would be an issue in the winter, Still bet when I see my first one I might have a few tinges of regret.

Did you manage to see or drive an IS300h before you ordered it? I was tempted by one but the only one within my allowance was the SE which comes with 16" wheels, no leather or Nav, and whilst I saw pictures of all the others and they looked fabulous, nobody could show me what an SE looked like, and as the CT looks a bit weedy with 16" thought it would not suit the IS. Plus rear wheel drive would be an issue in the winter, Still bet when I see my first one I might have a few tinges of regret.

. . . no, I didn't see or drive one until yesterday but I'm glad that I took the chance and ordered. I haven't seen the SE in the flesh but from pictures on clublexus.com you will see that all the models look the business. I have the same worries regarding the winter weather too but I will be changing all four tyres to winter ones - approximate cost for 16in. including storage and fitting each winter is £700 at my local Lexus dealer.

picked the ct 200 as a company car due to the tax savings.

the car is good generally - comfortable, easy to drive, well spec'd, but the boot is tiny, the back seat looks cramped but OH was out with 3 friends last weekend and the two in the back commented how comfortable the car was.

mpg currently early 40s, it can be noisy when revved hard but soon quietens down. personally I prefer a diesel - faster, more economical and possibly cheaper in the first place but higher taxed for a while yet but when the diesel premium goes on company cars I think the main advantage of the ct has gone.

it was a good choice but would I pick it again - no back to audi / bmw next time - all down to the dealer experience (probably the worst ever)

I to got the CT200 due to the Company Car Tax savings which where quite large compared to my old BMW touring.

Bit surprised at the low 40s MPG. I have been getting 52-53 over the last two months (averaged). My commute is 64 miles round trip A roads Motorway and a bit of urban also that two months includes four trips to Noth Wales 300 miles round trip 90% motorway.

With regard to dealers Lexus Bolton have been excellent no negatives at all. Would have another, unless as you say the benefit is negated when the deisel premium goes. Then I would be in a bit of a quandry, probably BMW again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links