Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Is300 Versus Sc'd Is200

Curious to see which would be faster. I got bored waiting for a SC for my IS200 so bought an IS300. Night and day in comparison, just love the 300 but if the 200 had a super charger producing roughly the same bhp as the 300 wich would win?

I notice that my IS300 isn't as sharp at steering compared to the IS200, it just seems slightly 'sloppy', but the low down torque makes up for it in smiles per mile, still cant get used to my left leg doing nothing and it takes me twice as long to park since i constantly look down at the automatic box to make sure i dont slam into the car in front lol.

So supercharged IS300 now then :)

I notice that my IS300 isn't as sharp at steering compared to the IS200, it just seems slightly 'sloppy'

I've read about this before, and I wonder if it's just down to the extra heft of the engine or different steering rack altogether.

Oh and you will get used to the autobox soon enough :)

• Like 1

Andrew,if youve got the cash ,swap your 2jzge for a 2jzgte from a supra twin turbo or have a single turbo fitted to your engine,

Just buy a Supra, then you have the handling and braking performance to match :)
  • Like 1

Just noticed your username Great bikes the LC's i had the white and blue 250. They were the days....2 stroke FTW.

Was eyeing up the 500 when it was being released, but alas accident ended my biking days.

• Like 1

yep 7 hr round trip but was worth it. Needed a good clean, the engine bay was grotty but nothing some elbow grease cant fix.

@ian, yeah m8 I had 2 rd350ypvs's that were the dogs bollocks, got a VTR firestorm now but the knees ain't what they used to be lol

Curious to see which would be faster. I got bored waiting for a SC for my IS200 so bought an IS300. Night and day in comparison, just love the 300 but if the 200 had a super charger producing roughly the same bhp as the 300 wich would win?

Nice 300 you got there, on paper, a SC'd IS200 might race better due to having less weight compared to the IS300 but that's not always the case in real life. gearing and tyres will also play a part as to which will be faster if both produce the same horsepower and has the same suspension setup. only way to find out is to have both cars side by side and race them on a track and who ever has better tyres, better gear ratios and better brakes will end up putting the power down to the wheels more effectively. don't forget the driver has a lot to do with it as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links