Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introduction To One Of My Dogs. Elli.

After seeing a couple of dogs on here thought I would introduce my Elli to you, she is 2 1/2 years old and is known as a Lethal White, the result of mating two Blue Merles which have all got a messed up gene. The results of this can be Epileptic fits, Blindness, Deafness and a whole load of other problems.

Elli is completely blind and deaf but she has a Collie brain and she uses it to the full. It took her no time at all to map the house and garden out when we first got her at 8 weeks old. She has grown up into a great dog and lives with another Border Collie Meg which has no disabilities.

Here is a picture of Elli with Bunny Bob she loved him sadly he died soon after her arrival after suffering cancer for a couple of years.

DSC00876.jpg

Why the name Lethal White? Because normally as soon as any of the disability are noticed the pup is killed.

Elli together with her brother Kashi were saved by a great rescue organisation.

Elli loves to come for a ride in the Lexus and loves the new Sheep skin over mats.

Mike

My boss has a Blue Merle. Comes to work most days. I nicknamed her Thumper due to the one ear flopped down. Lovely dog but at 12 her back legs are starting to pack up. She has that look in her eyes though still.."go on chuck a ball for me to chase will ya". She always comes in, sits at my feet and raises her paw for a "handshake" every time.

• Like 1

Lovely picture and story Mike, with a collie brain just make sure she doesn't herd the sheepskin floor mats into the boot and then wait for you to close the gate (lid) :D

Like it! And as you say, a lovely story. We've always had rescue dogs and never had a problem with any of them, oh, apart from Cassie who seemed to dislike Italians for some reason....

The one in the picture is a rescue, found dumped on the downs near Brighton, why do people do that? she's such a lovely dog.

• Like 1

i too own an ellie,a white g.s.d,we rescued her at 4.5 mths old.

total bitch but we all love her to bits.

she is our 2nd white rescue g.s.d(Swedish shepherd dog)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links