Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car Polish

KSP

Its not only the polish/wax you use its also using the right cloths,

when its not hot/warm i use an electric polisher but always use

terry towels to finish off coz these are perfect for getting rid of the

dreaded swirl marks,trust me i know coz i got a Black one('IS' that is)

:lol::lol::lol:

mmmm...... i have a black car and always had this problem! swirls and polish haze marks....

A few shows ive attended ive spoken to Autoglym people and told them the problem from what i remember this is what the chap told me to do, and actually demonstrated on a black BMW Z3 which had just been polished.

He got some of Autoglyms ' FAST GLASS ' sprayed onto bonnet (if its cold and out of sun) or onto a cloth then wiped down the bonnet a couple of times, he says it removes all polish and solves the problems people are having..... he was right, i tried that and it worked.

But i always make sure the car paintwork is cold when ever i polish the car up because it its warm your just wasteing your time!

Since all this ive started using another type of polish called Dri-wash n Guard. Wasn't sue about it at first but over a period of time the more ive used the better it gets! I use it on everything, bodywork, painted bumpers, glass, rubber round the glass it puts a sheen on everything. The best thing is it totally gets rid of all the swirls most other polishes leave behind. I use toweling type cloths. Incidently i used to rave about Autoglym but this stuff is the dogs!

cheers

Nick

Mvc-795fa.jpg

Mvc-797faa.jpg

I would also add a recomendation for Zymol. Not the cheap 'turtle wax' stuff they sell in Halfords - the real thing.....

A "Japon kit" or "Carbon" can be ordered for about £80 and you chose leather or fabric (for the interior cleaner) and standard or Carbon for Colours or Black paintwork. The kit includes all cloths, clenser, wax etc. and they alter the formulae to suit the origin of the cars due to different manufacturing processes etc. The kits I have mentioned are specifically for Japanese cars

http://www.sportscarworld.net/ is where I buy mine from.

We occasionally have group buys over at Honda Revolutions and get a discount.

If you REALLY want the best finish (and protection) ......

Complete Kit - Carbon

This kit contains everything you need to give your car its ultimate shine: includes Carbon Wax 226g, 250ml Clear Autobathe, 250ml HD-Cleanse, 250ml Vinyl, 250ml Treat, 650ml Brite Wheel Wash, 237ml Wheel Coat, 56g Detail Wax, Horse Hair wheel brush, Detail brush, 2 x wax applicators, 1 x 100% Cotton Towel, 1 x Microwipe and 2 x Pre-Wax Applicators, all in a sturdy post-consumer plastic carrying case.

Note: For guidence on which wax is suitable, please visit the questions and answers page.

Price: £226.00

Or

Introductory Kit - Carbon

This kit was designed to introduce you to the Zymöl Automotive Enhancement System. It contains sample sizes of each of the basic products: 150ml HD-Cleanse, 150ml Clear, Carbon Wax (170g) wax applicator and

pre-wax applicator.

Price: £72.00

This is a starter pack and is suitable for dark cars of all manufacturers.

Deco Kit - Carbon/Treat

New to zymöl, or looking for that perfect gift?. This starter kit is ideal for the darker coloured car with Leather interior. All 'starter kits' contain full size containers of everything you need to give your car the complete zymöl makeover, includes: 226g Carbon Wax, 250ml Clear Autobathe, 250ml HD-Cleanse, 150ml Treat, 2 x Pre-Wax Applicators, 1 x Wax Applicator, 1 x Microwipe & full instructions either hard copy or on cd.

Note: For guidence on which wax is suitable, please visit the questions and answers page.

Price: £99.00

I think that your paint needs to be cleaned.

You should see Wax like glass. If you do not clean your paint go enough you will still see all the dirt on your paint.

So, try the recommended Meg 3 step, or get a very good polish/wax, like the Sonax Xtreme.

Alex