Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dont Make The Same Mistake I Did!

I use super everytime in the IS, slightly more ron = cleaner burn never given me any issues so far. As to which station is the best, suppose its just personal preference really, I've always liked Shell best, must be subliminal from spelling it on the calculator as a kid!

With regards to the OP's initial statement, 280-300 miles a tank is normal for me regardless of what fuel I use, even 97 or 99.

I have achieved overv 400 miles on a tank of normal unleaded once, but I really had to work hard at it and I drove 80% motorway that week :lol:

When I was running my skyline i got told to use the old Texaco garages and it ran lovely, so i still use the same garage,altough not many of them around now,and are still the cheapest aswell :)

last night i filled up with shell unleaded nitro 97, and seriously my car runs so much smoother, and the engine sounds so smooth, nice and silent. its a bit on the pricey side, but my mate told me i will get alot more miles, so i though why not its worth a try. i'll keep u all posted on how that turns out.

Ultimately the 'mistake' gstarr60 has made has nothing to with buying tesco fuel tho has it? Driving aggressively with 'better' fuel isnt really gunna see him get anymore out of it. 2 options - dont drive like a loon, or get a more fuel effecient car lol

haha thats funny lol.. i guess when im a bit older i'll stop driving like a loon. the only time i drive compeletely sane is when i have my son in the car, but i guess hopefully i'll start doing it by myself soon :P

• Like 1

I only use Shell V power, if I use anything else it loses its responsiveness. Anyone who bought a Lexus IS 200 for its fuel consumption will be disappointed! I love the car and don't care and would never use anything but the best for it.

• Like 2

Old time member back with an IS200, previous owner of the exact same model (sport with styling kit and sat nav) but this time its blue and not silver, also owned a blue 250 sport...

After buying the car I had a 300 mile trip home, not sure what I averaged but I did it with a little over a quarter of a tank left and that was at around 80 most of the time.

80 quid fill up at Morrison's...

Swear it was 65 quid to fill it up back in 05!!!

Old time member back with an IS200, previous owner of the exact same model (sport with styling kit and sat nav) but this time its blue and not silver, also owned a blue 250 sport...

After buying the car I had a 300 mile trip home, not sure what I averaged but I did it with a little over a quarter of a tank left and that was at around 80 most of the time.

80 quid fill up at Morrison's...

Swear it was 65 quid to fill it up back in 05!!!

Caspa

what the comparison handling between the 250 sport n Is200 Sport?? off course the miles per gallon

amaz that you downgrade back to the old model

The 200 has a soft spot in my heart, especially as I had and have the styling kit/nav whereas the 250 was no body kit when released which is when I owned one.

In terms of driving, the 200 hands down. Much more of a drivers car, more involving and therefore more enjoyable. I had a 300 mile return journey home from buying it and had a little over a quarter of a tank left.

The 250 gave me a combined figure of 22mpg IIRC.

• Like 1

I stay away from the supermarket stuff, there's definitely a big difference when I use it. I go to either shell or bp connect.

But I have noticed that going down from doing between 80-90mph to 75mph I've gone from getting 280 miles a tank to 420 miles....what a big difference! This is when I do 20 minutes on the motorway straight with no traffic.

So, what is the consensus? Supermarket fuel isn't as bad as we think, but there is a mild improvement in Shell/BP/Esso etc?

Choice comes down to 'if you're prepared to pay a little more, you may go a little further, but the costs will more or less work out the same? If you're collecting Morrisons, Tesco' Asda points, then carry on?