Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 2013 Lexus Is Launch Party At Lexus Glasgow

So, this invitation popped through my door.

182d2dd6-6bf3-4b19-9b00-666bb5437121.jpg

So I thought, yes, good opportunity to see the car "in the flesh" and make a decent judgement, even if I would obviously not get to actually drive one.

Confirmed my attendance and then found out there was going to be a Hog Roast there as well so that was dinner covered too....

So, when I arrived just after 7:00, I was greeted and shown where to park and wandered in. The Hog Roast was outside with cooked meat available at a table inside. There were two cars under covers:

1074371_10200668866337208_1973999638_o.j

And they drove a third one in between them after a short speech from the dealer staff.

IMG_20130711_200728_552.jpg

Interestingly, they were all 300h models (none of them F-Sports though)so I expect they don't expect to sell many 250's in the UK.

This silver car was very well equipped with ML stereo and sports alloys.

IMG_20130711_194923_645.jpg

The black car was beautiful, with a light leather interior. Slightly lower spec and different wheels but I did not find out which each model was.

This was the car that was driven in and the colour looked fantastic in the flesh.

IMG_20130711_194751_833.jpg

As this was driven in the keys were in it so the "toys" could be powered up.

IMG_20130711_200357_445.jpg

So, what were my impressions of both the new car and the new dealership? (Lexus Glasgow have just relocated to the old Saab dealers site at West Street).

I really like the new car and will be keen to see how well it sells. I don't imagine it will be much of a threat to BMW and Audi sales but it really does offer an alternative to what are really quite mainstream models these days. Lexus now offers some exclusivity (particularly in the UK market) and I think should continue to do well in private and small business sales.

The quality of the car was fantastic and a huge leap forward from the 2nd Generation. I would love one and would choose one over a 3 series, C Class or A4 without hesitation. As I am not a huge fan of the German marques that may not be a big stretch, but it I really like how it looks. I suppose I really need to drive one to be 100%.

With regard to the Lexus Glasgow dealership I would say they put on a basic evening with a some food, (Hog Roast and Cup Cakes, an odd mix) with some champagne and wine plus softs) with a pianist playing an electric organ at the back of the showroom.

The showroom is smart, the building feels modern but no real "Wow" factor.

The staff were all very friendly and there was absolutely no pressure.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening which has certainly whetted my appetite to now drive one of the new IS models.

Derek

• Like 1

They are very nice to drive. The IS300h is fantastic. They have integrated the electric hybrid train very well and the pull in 'eco' mode is brilliant. The rear seats fold down as well. . . . . Woohoo. It does make a difference.

I think you're right, they probably won't sell too many petrol only IS', but I do expect the Fsport to sell well.

I like being part of this exclusive club called 'Lexus'

• 2 weeks later...

The good thing is that the difference between the 250 and 300h is only a few £g's, unlike the GS where it's several £g's!!

The GS300h will probably sit between the existing models in terms of price so there won't be such a jump up to a hybrid model in the future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links