Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanting To Turbo Charge My Is200

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of sticking a turbo on my IS200 cause I'm to impatient to wait for a supercharger :).

So far I've found a good price kit and turbo but just need advice if you've got any on what sort of ECU I'd need and any problems I might face?

Thanks in advance

-Adam

Can't help you with ECU, but here's a couple links if they are of interest;

Turbo kit (ebay) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-Diy-turbo-kit-/251303872579?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a82e0c843

Supercharger kit (craigslist) - http://edinburgh.craigslist.co.uk/ptd/3850446938.html

I was very tempted by the supercharger kit (as that's a very good price for one) but I really CBA. Increased power isn't high on my list of wants/needs, and I'm still tempted to switch to a 300, which if I do already has that extra 50hp anyway.

That turbo kit is a very good price.. Better then what I found and it includes the turbo itself.. Charger kits also a great price but I cant afford it :(.

I was looking at the IS300 but don't like auto's was looking at altezzas too but a bit pricey for me :/. But depending on how much an ECU is depends if I turbo it yet or not.

Thanks

-Adam

The autobox is the reason I'm thinking about the 300 in the first place. The extra power is just a byproduct to me - sure it'd be nice, as the 200 is underpowered as standard (though I think that a smidge over 200 brake is low for a 3litre)

The supercharger is much, much easier, quicker, and cheaper than turboing. You'll end up spending a lot more than the price of a charger kit going the turbo route. I mailed the guy on Craiglist about that charger last week, asking if it's still available, and was told yes. Haven't had anymore info about it mind...

That turbo kit is a very good price.. Better then what I found and it includes the turbo itself.. Charger kits also a great price but I cant afford it :(.

I was looking at the IS300 but don't like auto's was looking at altezzas too but a bit pricey for me :/. But depending on how much an ECU is depends if I turbo it yet or not.

Thanks

-Adam

If your cant afford the charger (scam or not) you certainly can't afford to turbo the car. Your looking at at least £5k to get the car up and running.

In terms of ecu, the emanage ultimate is ok, but personally I'd go for something better like aem or link.

Wow 5k? :/... Didn't realise it would cost that much.. I thought it was bolt a turbo on, pipe it in and set it up :(.

Guess I'll be saving up for a charger then. But in the meantime there's plenty more I wanna do with my IS200 :)

Thanks

-Adam

Wow 5k? :/... Didn't realise it would cost that much.. I thought it was bolt a turbo on, pipe it in and set it up :(.

Guess I'll be saving up for a charger then. But in the meantime there's plenty more I wanna do with my IS200 :)

Thanks

-Adam

Sell your car and buy mine already turbo'd and also had LOTS of mods done to it. Will be looking for around £7500 for quick sale. Car has sat on my folks drive for last 2 years as Ive not had the time to really drive it. Runs great, very fast, only just over 40k miles on clock. New engine has done around 2k miles

I'm gonna go ahead and say if the guy doesn't have a grand to supercharge his IS, he ain't got £7.5k to buy yours! But out of curiosity, what would someone get for £7.5k?

I almost forgot. Since it was mentioned the 'charger in the Craigslist above was possibly a scam, and I don't blame anyone since £1k is half the going rate for one, I thought I'd mail the guy. First I asked if it was still available, and got a reply back that it was. Then I asked about it's condition, and whether he'd be up for a price negotiation, and got a reply back only saying the price was "fix" (intentional spelling). I then said I'd take it at a grand, but only if he listed it on eBay, as a BIN for £1k, and that I'd pay all incurred eBay and paypal costs. Surprise surprise, no reply....

What's the spec on yours adie?

To be honest mate I cant quite remember. I need to trawl my threads to find out.

As far as I can remember TRD seats, Pioneer flip out dvd player with ipod intergration, HKS front bumper , TRD side skirts, TTE rear skirt. rear lip spoiler

Fcon Vpro with navigator, 3 inch through exhaust, fuel return line, HKS BOV , HKS turbo GT2835 ProS, oversized forged rods and pistons, camcon, large intercooler, tte coilovers, racelogic traction control with launch control, helix cerametalic clutch, greddy gauges Oil temp boost EGT, tte anti roll bars, braided brakelines, oil cooler, TRD quickshift, strut braces.

Copied from my thread More Work Being Done : "At 1.2 bar I think the figures were around 340bhp and 370 torque"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links