Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well She's Off For The Day

Just dropped her off to get an MoT and a cambelt change, and possibly/probably waterpump too. I think she should go through - she had a pre-MoT check last month when the service was done.

Que boring day sitting in the sun. It's a hard life!

Let us know how you get on. Mines due on 18th of august but will put it in, in the next few weeks just in case. Just need to tighten my handbrake and i should be fine

Passed with no advisories :)

Cambelt definitely needed doing;

null_zpsa74a695f.jpg

And had the water pump done while the belt was off - pink furring underneath it, so worth doing

null_zpse6397b92.jpg

£340 for the belt and pump, is that a good/bad/ok price?

• Like 1

For parts and labour thats a good price. I take it you changed both idlers/tensioners? Did you not get your aux belts changed too? no biggie if you didnt but i thought while there off...

My belt wasnt that bad but my WP was a mess also! dont think it was changed with last belt

It's definitely had an aux belt at some point, as it's in the receipt folder. Not sure if only one or more. As far as tensioners, I assume both, as my mechanic says the belt kit comes with new one(s) rather than reusing the old one(s). He also takes care of the MoT for me too - a licensed tester, but with no test facility, he "rents" a bay from a local MoT testing station, takes the car there, tests it, then brings it back. Costs a bit more than just rocking up to any old MoT station, but the benefits are 1) it's all handled "in house" with a mechanic I trust (family mechanic for many years), 2) any problems or issues that may arise he can sort for me, and 3) he also carries out it's servicing, so since I got it serviced last month, it's a pre-mot check.

Had a receipt in the folder of my IS for over £500 for the same job (Main dealer) so yours seems very reasonable.

Glad my car only has 50k on as I don't fancy changing the chain anytime soon.

once again its 6years or 60,000 miles WHICHEVER COMES FIRST beats me that people then interprete this to suit them,put it this way if you had a cambelt changed now and did nil miles in the next six years your cambelt would still need changing,rubber perishes over time even without use.

• Like 1

Thank you Scudney. Mine went 8 years and 125, 000 miles before it had its cambelt done. I'm not recommending it, I was lucky and got it done straight away when I bought it.

Got mine booked in for its MOT on Friday 6th Sept. Full professional Valet as well and a courtesy Lexus for the day. Wonder if they'll let me have a GS . . . .

Mine was a touch below 90k, and it's 11 years old. It might have have a cam belt before, but there's nothing in the receipt folder to say it has. Looking at the pic I posted above, it's nowhere near the worst, but it's still past it's prime!

Fingers crossed they might let you have a GS you never know hehe,cambelts are one I don't take for granted,all well and good still they snap,surprised people do really,because you never know when,to me just not worth the risk but good luck to those that want to.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Ray drives a Saab now Matt

Good point! But I thought the IS went to his Mrs?

I'm sure he sold it.

Sorry, I've been a bit vague....

Sold the IS and bought a C-Class K for the misses and a 9-3 for me.

really?lack of comfort?lack of toys?thirst for fuel I can understand.

Mine was a Sport so not much comfort. Lack of OBC was the biggest thing I missed. just an orange light when fuel was getting low. (Which is permanently on btw haha) Seats drove me mad being electric but not memory and no heat settings other than on or off. Just loads of little things like no auto windows, no struts on bonnet and boot.

Mine was an older one (2001) so only half leather/half suede. Been in Transporters car which is from 2005 and it's like a different car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links