Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well She's Off For The Day

Beats me,why compare a 5 series with an IS,you might as well compare a Nissan micra with a Mercedes SLK or petrol with diesel then eh??????,that's the whole point about comparisons is you compare like with like(not about being fussy or picky).

Back to the original subject regarding cam belts. One of the major causes of belt failure is not the belt snapping suddenly although this can happen,it is due to bearing failure in the tensioner and idler pulleys.

This can then cause the belt to either slip a tooth or 2 or worse still cause the belt to run untrue to the point where the misalignment allows it to come into contact with belt covers or the pulley flanges where the damage occurs resulting in a snapped belt as it wears away across its width. Plus all the debris can add to the problem with the belt being in a confined area.

Beats me,why compare a 5 series with an IS,you might as well compare a Nissan micra with a Mercedes SLK or petrol with diesel then eh??????,that's the whole point about comparisons is you compare like with like(not about being fussy or picky).

But, I wasn't comparing my IS to my 5-Series was I?

Just to any mid size car from the same era RE toys and comfort. I thought at least OBC would be standard on any decent post 1998 car.

Not to state the obvious, but you must be loving that Saab given the summer that we've been having in the last two weeks or so :)

Reminds me of my ex-boss's Saab 93 Turbo convertible, solid car that.

Not to state the obvious, but you must be loving that Saab given the summer that we've been having in the last two weeks or so :)

Reminds me of my ex-boss's Saab 93 Turbo convertible, solid car that.

Yeah, so do the kids. They never want to go out in misses's car anymore :lol:

They're nice cars but a bit dated I'd say. I had a 1994 900 vert before (same shape) Just stuck a bigger turbo on and it's rather nippy now :blink:

Need 4 doors again at some point again as it's a ball-ache getting kids in and out with the roof up..... Maybe another 7?

Yeah OBC= on board computer.

No it's not compulsory. I'm driving a brand new Suzuki at the moment (hire car) and its not got an OBC lol....

Is it me or did this thread go waaaaaay off topic? :lol::whistling:

Like every other one Chris? :whistling:

Yeah OBC= on board computer.

No it's not compulsory. I'm driving a brand new Suzuki at the moment (hire car) and its not got an OBC lol....

Is it me or did this thread go waaaaaay off topic? :lol::whistling:

Like every other one Chris? :whistling:

Haha yeah that's fair enough mate :)