Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You Learn Something New Every Day....

Did you know that the passenger door mirror on a Mk4 LS400 will dip when you put the car in reverse?

I didn't either. It turns out it only does it if the mirror adjuster is set to adjust the driver's side mirror.... how many of us religiously return our mirror adjusters to the central "off" position after making the appropriate adjustments, and therefore never knew of this feature?

I'd be interested to know if it happens on non-Mk4 cars.

Did you know that the passenger door mirror on a Mk4 LS400 will dip when you put the car in reverse?

I didn't either. It turns out it only does it if the mirror adjuster is set to adjust the driver's side mirror.... how many of us religiously return our mirror adjusters to the central "off" position after making the appropriate adjustments, and therefore never knew of this feature?

I only discovered the mirror dips by accident, but as far as I know it's not on previous models.

Phil

Doesn't do it on my 1996 LS400. I feel quite left out now..... :shifty:

At least you've got mirrors, which is more than can be said for both mine and my brothers Vectra's, which decide to just come unstuck on fall on the road, breaking obviously!

After 6 years of ownership I discovered that the metal panels are 2 skins laminated together with a membrane in between. ( does away with the thick heavy sound deadening material without which you would get panel boom) clever these Jap designers.

Mine also dips the drivers side if you switch to the passenger side, bet yours will too.

I discovered a new one on me last night.

The seat belt receiver lights up when the corresponding door is opened, in the front at least.......didn't try the back.

Mine also dips the drivers side if you switch to the passenger side, bet yours will too.

I discovered a new one on me last night.

The seat belt receiver lights up when the corresponding door is opened, in the front at least.......didn't try the back.

Mine doesn't, now I'm feeling left out!

Well sod me! it does but you have to put the adjuster switch in the driver's mirror adjust position then select reverse and the passenger mirror dips down :D :D :D

Six years I've had it and still full of surprises.

Well sod me! it does but you have to put the adjuster switch in the driver's mirror adjust position then select reverse and the passenger mirror dips down :D :D :D

Which brings me back to something I posted moths ago. "Anyone found any buttons they didn't know they had?" I only discovered last week that my sun roof ( sorry, moon roof) tilts as well as slides!

Which brings me back to something I posted moths ago. "Anyone found any buttons they didn't know they had?" I only discovered last week that my sun roof ( sorry, moon roof) tilts as well as slides!

Never discovered that mine doesn't have the sun/moonroof.

I do have a "Flare Holder" fitted at the side of the passenger foot well though.

Well you haven't missed much. I think I mentioned on this forum a couple of days ago, I was parked under a tree in the shade with the sun/moon roof open and got crapped on!

Both my mirrors dip. no difference which side the switch is, they both do the same.

But not if the switch is in the middle.

Which presumably means there's something wrong with mine, time for some investigation.....

Yes both the mirrors dip on my ls400 too, also if you keep your finger on the unlock button on the key fob, all windows and moonroof open

Yes both the mirrors dip on my ls400 too, also if you keep your finger on the unlock button on the key fob, all windows and moonroof open

Not on mine, I have to put the key in the lock & hold it - unlock to open everything, lock to close everything. And THEN press the "lock" button to enable the alarm.

Both my mirrors dip. no difference which side the switch is, they both do the same.

Which presumably means there's something wrong with mine, time for some investigation.....

Pre late 99 models only dip the left hand mirror. 2000 models should also auto fold.

Pre late 99 models only dip the left hand mirror. 2000 models should also auto fold.

Mine fold at the press of a switch but not automatically (too old for automation perhaps)

Ah, well done, that saves me taking things apart!

Well you haven't missed much. I think I mentioned on this forum a couple of days ago, I was parked under a tree in the shade with the sun/moon roof open and got crapped on!

I see you're from Sussex, you weren't near Screwfix in Eastbourne were you?

I was there on Friday, looking through their catalogue in blistering heat, so with all windows and roof open.

Never seen so many seagulls, no wonder all the buildings have roofs like concentration camps.

I didn't get crapped on btw, but I think I was very lucky.

Then last night, having knocked the kitchen wall down, I took my pizza and cider outside to get away from the dust.

The sods were dive bombing me from all angles and squawking to tell their mates there was food about.

Luckily for them my guns are locked up 200 miles away, or I'd have been sorely tempted to thin down the gull population, probably closely followed by a visit from an armed response unit!!

I see you're from Sussex, you weren't near Screwfix in Eastbourne were you?

I was there on Friday, looking through their catalogue in blistering heat, so with all windows and roof open.

Never seen so many seagulls, no wonder all the buildings have roofs like concentration camps.

I didn't get crapped on btw, but I think I was very lucky.

Then last night, having knocked the kitchen wall down, I took my pizza and cider outside to get away from the dust.

The sods were dive bombing me from all angles and squawking to tell their mates there was food about.

Luckily for them my guns are locked up 200 miles away, or I'd have been sorely tempted to thin down the gull population, probably closely followed by a visit from an armed response unit!!

No but I did give Screwfix in Chichester a sideways glance as I went past! In fact Chichester is where the offence took place.

We live near the sea so the gull problem is always there, we have them nesting on our roof again this year, they get very noisy.

Case of RTFM ???? assuming you have one.

I was lucky to get full set of handbooks/keys/tools with my car, including the additional book for the touch sceeen radio/gps.

I think there was also an introductory CD explaining all about the car.

My favourite toy is the collapsible black metal wedge that you should use to chock the wheel when changing a tyre, followed by the cooled area in the armrest "chocolate box fridge".

My only gripe is that there is not a handle inside the boot that you can grab to close the boot. I can end up with dirty fingers if I use the area round the number plate as a clsoing mechanism.