Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You Learn Something New Every Day....

Case of RTFM ???? assuming you have one.

I was lucky to get full set of handbooks/keys/tools with my car, including the additional book for the touch sceeen radio/gps.

I think there was also an introductory CD explaining all about the car.

My favourite toy is the collapsible black metal wedge that you should use to chock the wheel when changing a tyre, followed by the cooled area in the armrest "chocolate box fridge".

My only gripe is that there is not a handle inside the boot that you can grab to close the boot. I can end up with dirty fingers if I use the area round the number plate as a clsoing mechanism.

Cooled area in armrest? that's a new one on me. And what's RTFM?

My favourite toy is the collapsible black metal wedge that you should use to chock the wheel when changing a tyre, followed by the cooled area in the armrest "chocolate box fridge".

Funny you should mention the cooled armrest compartment, we were running round between Kitchen suppliers today in very hot weather, with aircon on cold.

When I took my ordinary glasses out of the armrest, they were ice cold, I'd never noticed this before, then read your post when we came home.

Not sure about storing chocolate though.....could get very messy if you forgot to remove before parking in this heat.

RTFM = Read the Fudging Manual (substitute F word of choice for Fudging)

Apologies for making a mess of the quoting.

Funny you should mention the cooled armrest compartment, we were running round between Kitchen suppliers today in very hot weather, with aircon on cold.

When I took my ordinary glasses out of the armrest, they were ice cold, I'd never noticed this before, then read your post when we came home.

Not sure about storing chocolate though.....could get very messy if you forgot to remove before parking in this heat.

RTFM = Read the Fudging Manual (substitute F word of choice for Fudging)

Apologies for making a mess of the quoting.

I see, so RTM would suffice?

Apologies 35 years in IT and RTFM is used nearly every day.

If you have a Mark IV there are two compartments in the arm rest , a large one and a smaller one above it that is serviced by the air conditioning so keeps things cool ,normally called a chocolate box.

It all depends how you lift the arm which box you get access to.

If you have a Mark IV there are two compartments in the arm rest , a large one and a smaller one above it that is serviced by the air conditioning so keeps things cool ,normally called a chocolate box.

I didn't know that, the cool box that is. It would have been useful for my water yesterday when it got up to 34 degrees in London. I thought I'd read all of the manual, I obviously missed that one. Well as the topic of this post says, you learn something new every day!

I didn't know that, the cool box that is. It would have been useful for my water yesterday when it got up to 34 degrees in London. I thought I'd read all of the manual, I obviously missed that one. Well as the topic of this post says, you learn something new every day!

I always keep a bottle of Vintage Moët & Chandon and some Foie Gras, unsalted butter and French Toast just in case I see and stop another LS400 owner. Mike

My only gripe is that there is not a handle inside the boot that you can grab to close the boot. I can end up with dirty fingers if I use the area round the number plate as a clsoing mechanism.

Hello Chris,

there is a recess on the left hand side of the number plate inside the boot lid for you to pull the lid shut without you getting your fingers dirty.

Steve.

I always keep a bottle of Vintage Moët & Chandon and some Foie Gras, unsalted butter and French Toast just in case I see and stop another LS400 owner. Mike

I'll put that to the test if I see you, mind you, you can keep the goose liver, give it to the dog. I was in Fareham, Havant and Southampton last week, is that anywhere near you? I had 3 hours to kill.

I'll put that to the test if I see you, mind you, you can keep the goose liver, give it to the dog. I was in Fareham, Havant and Southampton last week, is that anywhere near you? I had 3 hours to kill.

We are about 45 mins from there.

Aaaah, I can't keep chocolates in mine, Lexus stuck a phone in there instead :)

Well, I suppose I could keep a mars bar there, but a box of Milk Tray would be a problem.

RTFM - yeah, I probably should do that one day :D

Aaaah, I can't keep chocolates in mine, Lexus stuck a phone in there instead :)

Well, I suppose I could keep a mars bar there, but a box of Milk Tray would be a problem.

RTFM - yeah, I probably should do that one day :D

You could always just empty the box straight into the cooler, get more in that way. I would fill mine with Revells

Mike

Mmmmmmm, Revells...... they are dangerously more-ish.

I have never tried to see how many bags you can get in but it must be over 6.

Munch Munch, sod the diet, again. Mike

First job, of course, is to get the damn AC fixed, otherwise I will end up with a chocolatey mess in there...

First job, of course, is to get the damn AC fixed, otherwise I will end up with a chocolatey mess in there...

Yes Chocolate Fountain comes to mind. Mike

Always the class act of the club Bluesey :)

Bren

• Like 1