Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Auto Lowering Springs Query

BaransuIS250

Hi, I am new to this club and have just bought a lovely IS250 SE-i with nav, 18" Baransu's and rare sunroof. Very pleased with car but found the original ride height a little high. I didn't want to get the car slammed down so it ruined the ride so i opted for some Tein 20mm lowering springs which i hoped would make a small, discreet difference. I had these fitted and on the off side front (drivers side) it is about 1.1cm higher than the passenger side front. It even looks like it hasn't really been lowered.

Tein UK said it probably hadnt been fitted properly so I took the car back to the garage where it was done and they said they checked it all again and it's fine! It must be a faulty spring. From speaking to many people in the car trade they say Tein are one of the best and are still suggesting maybe a fitting fault.

Can anyone suggest anything? 1.1cm is quite a big difference.

Thanks

As it's already been checked, I would expect the garage would be happy to stand by their word. Send some photos (up close to the springs and of the whole side on level ground) to Tein, and ask them to contact the garage if they need confirmation from a professional that there aren't any fitting issues / warped frame etc.

Realistically it's a pain for Tein, but given the number of numptys out there it's hardly surprising that they have suspicions about it being fitted correctly.

As it's already been checked, I would expect the garage would be happy to stand by their word. Send some photos (up close to the springs and of the whole side on level ground) to Tein, and ask them to contact the garage if they need confirmation from a professional that there aren't any fitting issues / warped frame etc.

Realistically it's a pain for Tein, but given the number of numptys out there it's hardly surprising that they have suspicions about it being fitted correctly.

Thanks for your reply Mouser. There is a slight update from when i posted this; I went to a different garage and asked them to switch springs from side to side. The same side (drivers side RIGHT HAND) is higher. So it can't be a spring related issue. I informed Tein and the matter is now closed with them. I also asked the second garage if the installation was correct initially and they said it is all fine. I did read somewhere that maybe an end link (drop link) maybe fitted incorrectly but i think this is unlikely. From reading on the american forums it says that one side is often higher than the other but i just find it odd. I will have another look and try and get to the bottom of it. Any more suggestions welcome! Thanks again Mouser.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links