Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Moon Roof, Need Help Installing Drainlines

Ok i just installed a moon roof from a SXE10, used the wiring diagrams and got it to work in my IS :phone:

now i need to run the drain lines, does anybody know where there supposed to go? the diagrams say all 4 four corners but they dont show where exactly on the pillars. am i supposed to feed it thru some existing holes in the A pillars and the ones in the back? and where do they exit?

anybody has pics? please assist :flowers:

thanks. does anybody have pictures of the exit points? and that is along the pillars or actually inside the plllars?

I'm begining to wonder if i have to drill holes in the chassis for these lines to exit...

• 2 weeks later...

ok i was able to run the rear lines along the "c" pillars then thru the hole at the base of the pillar, just about the rear dash. from there it fed into the wheel well without a problem. i found a rubber plug in the base of the well, popped them out and fed the line thru. I used some slicone and tie strap as a stop to prevent the lines from coming out as i didnt have the gromet drain plugs

the fronts were a differnt story.followed the same as the rear, along the pillar and then through a hole in the metal just above the dash but i couldnt feed the line past the "A"pillars. it kept getting stuck on something so i routed the passanger side thru the drain line gormet for the acc that is just to the left of the ac console and the right side through another stop plug just infront of the driver seat so it drains unto the long splash shield that runs below the car. I made sure there were no pockets or pinch points in the lines so it will be a smooth gravity flow just like lexus intented.

i used 3/8" air hose from the local pet shop at the front and 1/2" for the rear. the 1/2 happened to be the same size of the hole in the trunk wheel well so its nice and snug. i should have taken some pics. sorry. if i pull up the floor mat again i will