Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I finally managed to drag my LS400 out of her deep slumber. She started first time no issues. Gave her a wash and put her back to bed whilst I get her MOT booked in. Its been a while since I used her, I nearly forgot how quiet, smooth she is as opposed to my somewhat brutish Jaguar. Sorry for the not so good pictures.

post-9567-0-82356200-1374506221_thumb.jp

post-9567-0-75359100-1374506294_thumb.jp

Thanks. I know I have to change her rear disks and pads, don't think they have ever been changed since she rolled off the line. Also I am not happy with the way she looks, I need to spend a day polishing !

Reckon she will look good when polished up, gave mine the full works for a wedding 3 weeks ago, but with all this dry weather and another 1.5K on the clock mine is looking like it has just driven through the dessert.

Interesting to use 'bruttish' for the Jag, to me this describes most 'top end' cars i have been in, from DB9 to top range Mercs, and Jags. I have two mates with Beamers and Mercs, and they both prefer their 400 to these as they also use the word bruttish.

I would love to try a 600 one day just to see if it is worth all that double glazing and 5 start luxury, and really that much better than a 400,430,460.

Enjoy the summer rekindling an old love affair

Pete you know when I drive my ls400, I don't feel the bumps, I don't hear the outside world, I don't hear the engine, I don't feel the instant acceleration, its like being wrapped in cotton wool and its great but sometimes to feel that uncontrollable acceleration, to feel the road through the steering wheel, the engine roaring can give you a different type of buzz...hence my brutish jaguar :0)

Like to offer my twopenneth;

The brief on the ls400 back in 1983 was a Luxury sedan that glided on the road and hence the nickname Japenese Rolls Royce.I had a 1990 mark1 for sixteen years and never found a luxury car that had the refinement of drive the 400 as.

I now have a Mark 4 by choice I hasten to add as I checked out all its successors including the 460 .I cannot say there is that much of an improvement in those cars as far as ride goes.The other gizmos I can live without I still maintain the Ls400 was the best car Lexus ever made and it will be a long time if ever before it is bettered.

• Like 1

From the first off the line to the very last of the LS 400s they are just stunning cars ...... both from looks and quality of build and as we can now experience ... amazing longevity, like no other car on the road today ( ex RRs of which maybe some 98% of all ever built are still roadworthy ).

Malc

Having just been on a road trip to Norfolk & back, the boss was extremely impressed by both the supreme comfort ("almost as comfy as my sofa"), waftiness, and the way the car handles, which considering he's a fussy bugger is praise indeed.

Mind you, I don't think the handling was up to the standard of the VX220 he bought as a trackday toy :)

From the first off the line to the very last of the LS 400s they are just stunning cars ...... both from looks and quality of build and as we can now experience ... amazing longevity, like no other car on the road today ( ex RRs of which maybe some 98% of all ever built are still roadworthy ).

Malc

That figure that RR put out is a very difficult figure to substantiate. If you just think about it from accidents alone they would lose 2%+

Then there are those that just end up in the scrap yards as many do. Many many are broken to keep others on the road. I am sure RR could beat most volume manufacturers for long life but I bet its no where near the 98% they always quote. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links