Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guest Shah-Zeib Ahmed

Guest Shah-Zeib Ahmed

Dear fellow-enthusiasts,

"I have an IS 220d (2006) with approx. 65K on it and it recently started to develop a squeaky noise, while pressing and depressing the clutch, the shifting seems flawless and there is no noticeable difference in driving, apart from the noise, which is a bit of a nuisance, when standing at a light and shifting into Neutral or 1st and making people's heads turn..."

After various responds to my problem with suggestions, which made my stomach and my wallet turn upside down, I went with the worst expectation and here's a follow-up of my visit to a garage, which I found on the Owner's Club Forum.

"Basically, the squeaky noise was coming from the operating arm that drives into a so called cup to operate the clutch, it needed greasing on both ends. Gearbox, clutch and flywheel were all perfectly fine."

GBP 16,77 (incl. changing of the front vipers)

So for now everything's perfectly fine *knockonwood*

Here's the garage's link, if you live close by, it's definitely worth driving out,

friendly staff and straight to the point service - no BS (excuse my French).

Make sure you ask for Steve.

http://www.charlesworthmotors.co.uk/

Drive safely,

Cheers.

Dear fellow-enthusiasts,

"I have an IS 220d (2006) with approx. 65K on it and it recently started to develop a squeaky noise, while pressing and depressing the clutch, the shifting seems flawless and there is no noticeable difference in driving, apart from the noise, which is a bit of a nuisance, when standing at a light and shifting into Neutral or 1st and making people's heads turn..."

After various responds to my problem with suggestions, which made my stomach and my wallet turn upside down, I went with the worst expectation and here's a follow-up of my visit to a garage, which I found on the Owner's Club Forum.

"Basically, the squeaky noise was coming from the operating arm that drives into a so called cup to operate the clutch, it needed greasing on both ends. Gearbox, clutch and flywheel were all perfectly fine."

Here's the garage's link, if you live close by, it's definitely worth driving out,

Drive safely,

Cheers.

They may well be looking at you because you look so smart, but the way to rid yourself of this problem returning is to buy an LS, we don't have such common things as Clutch Pedals. Mike

Guest Shah-Zeib Ahmed

Dear fellow-enthusiasts,

Drive safely,

Cheers.

They may well be looking at you because you look so smart, but the way to rid yourself of this problem returning is to buy an LS, we don't have such common things as Clutch Pedals. Mike

Well thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. Soon - hopefully. The next one probably will be an IS 250 Auto Transmission, so the clutch pedal issue will also get out of the way.

"When the time and the money is right."

Drive safely,

Cheers.

Guest Shah-Zeib Ahmed

Great news :)

Always good to hear a problem is fixed quickly and cheaply.

Am I the only one who enjoys clutching and shifting gears? I'm 33 and at the moment I don't ever want an automatic! Lol...

You are certainly not the only one, who enjoys clutching ^_^

But Sedan's - in my opinion - just drive a whole lot better with an automatic transmission.

Manual is unrivalled, when you have an army of horses under the bonnet, who are just screaming to get out, that's where you want to clutch and feel every rpm build up, rather than just a meagre "kickdown".

Cheers.

I don't know, even with my auto LS400 I can set off in L then change to 2 then 3 then press the switch for 4 so manual shifting is possible but with no clutch to engage between changes.

Question is how much time and therefore acceleration with a manual transmission, put it this way nothing much beats me off the line if I make an effort. :D

It's the actual act of putting my left foot down and engaging gear that I enjoy Steve :)

I am now old and stupid so my son tells me and as I'm old & stupid I always look for the easiest way from point A to point B and I like to sit in comfort while I am doing that.

I have had the RX7 turbo specially customised by TWR, turbo charged Saab, Ginetta G4 and lastly a Mini Cooper S, how I wish I had never sold that car. But now its time to do little except enjoy the stereo and watch the scenery go past in air conditioned leather comfort.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links