Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Handle Touch Opening Help!

Hi Everyone - quick question that probably has a quick answer - hopefully someone can help.

Previously, (as long as I had the key in my pocket) I could just walk up to the car (a 2006 IS220D) put my hand on the door handle and all doors would open.

In my case very handy, as often I'll have a child in my arms, and the mrs will be wanting to get into the passenger seat etc.

Recently, though, the car has decided to only open the driver door when I do this - very inconvenient, as I then have to start digging in pockets for the keys while holding a baby, while the wife is shouting "open the door" at me if it's raining :D

Does anyone know how to fix this easily, so that putting my hand on the driver handle will automatically open all doors?

Also, while I'm here, I would much prefer it if the car produced some kind of audio indicator (a beep, for example) when I lock it - is there any way to turn this functionality on?

Thanks all!!!

Agreed this would be a useful feature, I found that if the key holder touches the front passenger side door handle this unlocks all the doors.

Beep when locking/unlocking with key can be programmed by dealer (according to this www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS250_LPS.pdf). Though as this is a US doc I could stand corrected.

Hi Dave

Cheers for that.

However, I'm completely certain, having had the car for 5 years, that until about a month ago, the drivers handle DID open all doors... it only changed when one day I give the wife the keys to get something out of the car, and she must have pressed buttons on the fob in a certain order and re-programmed it...

So I am hoping someone knows how to reprogramme it back!

RE the bleep - yeah, I knew the dealer could do it, but, again, was hoping it was just a matter of press this, then press and hold this, then press both of these together type thing, and it was just a matter of knowing the secret combination that the dealers use.

• 3 months later...

Agreed this would be a useful feature, I found that if the key holder touches the front passenger side door handle this unlocks all the doors.

Beep when locking/unlocking with key can be programmed by dealer (according to this www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS250_LPS.pdf). Though as this is a US doc I could stand corrected.

...and that will cost you 45£ I I believe !!! ...from a dealer

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links