Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,

I am having problems with the windows on my Lexus GS300 SE. I arrived back from work at 05:00 this morning. Going back out to the car at around 14:00 both the Front Windows were fully open and both the Rear Windows were half open! I had to start the engine to close all the windows back up again.

Nobody else has any keys to this vehicle and the rest of the vehicle was just how I left it.

Has anybody got any ideas or thoughts as to why this happened?

Thanks in advance,

Neill

H Neil, welcome to LOC, just a thought. Have you managed to press the unlock button for a few seconds without knowing it? I assume it's the same on the GS where you can open all windows by holding the button down. (the remote that is)

Phil

Thanks for your help guys. I guess I will have to be extra careful with the key fob. It just looked so weird when I went outside. Just glad it wasn't tipping it down with rain!

I took delivery of a 2008 GS300 SE last September. Like you, I left the car in the drive over night and found next morning ALL the windows down. Unfortunately it had persistently rained all night ... such a wet interior. I posted on here because I thought it might be a known problem - pressing the key fob button was suggested, but the car was still locked next morning. It was also suggested that the transmitter masts near the house may have been to blame.

It's only happened once since then ... fortunately a dry night and it was parked on the drive. I was originally concerned that it could happen parked on a main street or a public car park ... but it hasn't, so all I can really put it down to is the button on te key fob. I'm just ultra-cautious now. One thing that would be a nice addition would be the installation of a reassuring 'blip' to confirm the correct lock / alarm procedure as been activated.

Other than that, I've had a trouble-free 10 months .... unlike with my previous car, a Jaguar S-type.

I took delivery of a 2008 GS300 SE last September. Like you, I left the car in the drive over night and found next morning ALL the windows down. Unfortunately it had persistently rained all night ... such a wet interior. I posted on here because I thought it might be a known problem - pressing the key fob button was suggested, but the car was still locked next morning. It was also suggested that the transmitter masts near the house may have been to blame.

It's only happened once since then ... fortunately a dry night and it was parked on the drive. I was originally concerned that it could happen parked on a main street or a public car park ... but it hasn't, so all I can really put it down to is the button on te key fob. I'm just ultra-cautious now. One thing that would be a nice addition would be the installation of a reassuring 'blip' to confirm the correct lock / alarm procedure as been activated.

Other than that, I've had a trouble-free 10 months .... unlike with my previous car, a Jaguar S-type.

I've noticed that my doors stay locked when I press the remote to open all the windows, I suppose it's a security thing. I assume you have the facility to turn the alarm "blip" on or off as the LS does?

yes, sounds like the unlock button got held down for a few seconds

Yep, happened to me in the past!

Key in pocket with other stuff, bending down, causing something to press on the open door button for a few seconds, leading to the windows opening.

I used to use this feature regularly on my last car to let the hot air out before getting in, but my 2006 GS doesn't appear to have this feature enabled.

Can it be turned on/off by the owner or is this a dealer activated feature?

• 2 years later...

Thanks to all who responded to this thread as I have just had the same problem.

I was getting worried as I am selling the car at the weekend and thought there might be a serious problem with it.

The only explanation is that Colin the cat somehow sat on the button when he slept on the trousers with the keys in!!