Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Puncture Question Plz

katana92_uk

hey guys

I have had slow puncture for many months now and today i took car to garage.
They found 2 nails in tyre.

puncture is very slow and i have had it for many months so obviously all that time i was driving with 2 nails in tyre and did many motorway miles.

garage guy said 1 nail is near side wall and puncture repair is not recommended best option is to replace tyre.

i am thinking about changing all 4 tyres just need to save up a bit.

my question is, is it safe to carry on driving for next few months ? i mean i hope tyre is not going to burst on motorway or something like that ?

all that time i was driving with nails in it and nothing happened, was i just lucky ?

cheers guys

Well to be honest with you the choice is yours,its the risk you run,had a large staple in my side wall several months ago resulting in a slow puncture,as soon as I found out cause of the slow puncture I had tyre changed - better safe than sorry

I'm gonna be blunt....

That's an accident waiting to happen! Your risking your own life, the life of your passengers (do you have kids?) and the life's of other road users.

As you said you've done many motorway miles. It's just pure luck that that tyre hasn't gone bang yet. If it goes bang and your doing 70mph and you maybe have children in the back just imagine what could happen. How would you feel if you survived but you careered into a car with a young family inside and killed the kids or left children without parents? Could you live with yourself? I know I couldn't.

Taking a car on the public road in full knowledge that the tyre is defective is both severly irresponsible and negligent!

I suggest you change that tyre today and if you don't then don't use your car!!

• Like 2

I'm gonna be blunt....

That's an accident waiting to happen! Your risking your own life, the life of your passengers (do you have kids?) and the life's of other road users.

As you said you've done many motorway miles. It's just pure luck that that tyre hasn't gone bang yet. If it goes bang and your doing 70mph and you maybe have children in the back just imagine what could happen. How would you feel if you survived but you careered into a car with a young family inside and killed the kids or left children without parents? Could you live with yourself? I know I couldn't.

Taking a car on the public road in full knowledge that the tyre is defective is both severly irresponsible and negligent!

I suggest you change that tyre today and if you don't then don't use your car!!

you know what you are right...i do have 2 kids and i just dont even want to imagine even for a second what you just said above.

i was planing to save up a bit and get all new slightly wider tyres but i think i'll go for economy option for just now to be on safe side and keep my tyre legal and safe.

cheers Chris

^^ Couldn't have said it better than Chris.

Can you not run on your spare tyre while saving up to buy a new set?

im running 18" and my spare is ugly yellow 16".

im getting new tyre tomorrow thanks to Chris :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links