Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Vs Mercedes Performance Figures

Having ordered the new car I have been doing the usual research and came across these two videos:

Showing the new is300h vs a Merc Auto 250cdi

Now the Merc is meant to do 0-62 in 7.1s and the 300h in 8.3 yet the hybrid beats the Merc easily and the driver of the 300h did not even do the unofficial hybrid launch start!

So someone's calulations are out either Merc are overstating the numbers or Lexus understating!

Also I've read that with some hybrids standing start acceleration times can be improved by pressing both brake and accelerator pedals to spin up the petrol engine before take off. I don't know whether this trick applies to the IS300h.

This works a treat on the Prius... If you let the revs build even for just a second or two before releasing the brake the car seems to shoot off the line much quicker than just pressing the accelerator. I think the IS300h should work the same... who will be the first to brave it with their new car! :)

This works a treat on the Prius... If you let the revs build even for just a second or two before releasing the brake the car seems to shoot off the line much quicker than just pressing the accelerator. I think the IS300h should work the same... who will be the first to brave it with their new car! :)

i think I once saw this, I was at the lights on a duel carraige way thinking ill pass it but I couldnt believe my eyes when it was long gone

Or....it was a fixed video....lol That trick works on a diesel too, once you get the turbo boost, lift the brakes and you fly off. May be the merc driver wasn't doing that! Not good for the auto box!!

Looking at the video I think both drivers just planted their foot to the floor... just like a typical traffic light drag race! I think the factory set 0-60 of the merc was done using a launch start as they want to get the best time possible. So maybe in real life driving the 300h is just as fast or a little faster than it's competition!

hello, Which is better?

thanks

Performance is similar between the two... The handling better in the 300h but the ride is firmer. The 300h feels better built albeit with a few cheap feeling switches. The 300h has much better round town economy and is a little better on the motorway. Cost is also similar I think the Lexus works out a bitt cheaper with the same equipment... but Merc discount more. Overall I would say the Lexus is the better package.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links