Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What a great day, my LPG suppliers have dropped the price of their LPG to 65p.

So if your in the area and want some your looking for Calor Supplies Mortimer Station, Mortimer, Reading.

Saved just over £3 on today fill up.

Mike

I can't believe the range of LPG prices at the moment. I'm currently paying 57p (cash) at my local supplier. (Up from 55p five weeks ago.) But I've just returned from a holiday trip to Cornwall and I've had to pay up to 79.9p at some locations.

It all appears to depend on how much competition there is in a given area or how greedy the suppliers are when they can get away with it. The highest prices I've found were on the M61 near Bolton and near Helston in Cornwall.

John N

Price does seem to be all over the shop.

I'm also concerned about availability though.

Currently, in Newport, we have plenty of choice, but we're moving to East Sussex soon, and there seem very few outlets down there.

Currently, in Newport, we have plenty of choice, but we're moving to East Sussex soon, and there seem very few outlets down there.

I am assuming you have looked at the Google sites which tell you who sells what where. They aren't that well up to date. My bet is there are a lot more LPG outlets than those they tell you about.

I have driven all over the country and I have never been short of somewhere to fill up. In the beginning 16 years ago it used to take a little effort to plan where you were going to fill up. The Sat Navs all have pretty good downloads for them which show you where they all are when your driving in a strange area. Good luck with the move. Mike

I am assuming you have looked at the Google sites which tell you who sells what where. They aren't that well up to date. My bet is there are a lot more LPG outlets than those they tell you about.

I have driven all over the country and I have never been short of somewhere to fill up. In the beginning 16 years ago it used to take a little effort to plan where you were going to fill up. The Sat Navs all have pretty good downloads for them which show you where they all are when your driving in a strange area. Good luck with the move. Mike

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I have checked on a few sites, though I can only find one close to Eastbourne, the Co-op services at Polegate.

I agree with you though, that the sites all leave much to be desired, and certainly not to be relied on 100%.

We're off down there tomorrow, I've gutted the kitchen and knocked a wall down, so plenty of work to be done, but taking the camper for it's carrying capacity.

So no need for lpg this trip, however I'll be trying again to spot a taxi running on gas, so I can quiz the driver on availability.

I live in bolton and am paying 59p a litre

Found a site for checking prices link below seems to be regularly updated I know I have done it my

Self

http://www.filllpg.co.uk/

But agree with John the prices round me range can be 25p a litre difference costly on a 70 litre tank

I have only had my car a few weeks but am happy with the savings on my fuel bill

Found a site for checking prices link below seems to be regularly updated I know I have done it my

Self

But agree with John the prices round me range can be 25p a litre difference costly on a 70 litre tank

I have only had my car a few weeks but am happy with the savings on my fuel bill

74.9p in Towcester 75.9 at Warwick services on the M40 - one near home the other on the way to my current customer - best we have had in few years was 72p. A lot better than paying for petrol :) but still make me very envious of 57p

Bren

69p at Fleet Services on the M3.

The BP in Bournemouth has a loyalty scheme ever fill they take 1p off so 2nd fill is 2p until you get to 10p a litre off then you start again.

It's also worth noting that you can get LPG at places other than petrol stations

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I have checked on a few sites, though I can only find one close to Eastbourne, the Co-op services at Polegate.

I agree with you though, that the sites all leave much to be desired, and certainly not to be relied on 100%.

We're off down there tomorrow, I've gutted the kitchen and knocked a wall down, so plenty of work to be done, but taking the camper for it's carrying capacity.

So no need for lpg this trip, however I'll be trying again to spot a taxi running on gas, so I can quiz the driver on availability.

Brilliant idea. Dont work to hard. Mike

Self

Hello Jeff and welcome to the LOC. Always great to have new member.

Any questions don't be frightened to ask we are always gentle with a newbie and we all had to learn. There are a lot of very very knowledgeable and friendly members and your problem can nearly always be solved fairly easily.

Any chance of some pictures of your grand lady?

There's a meet on Sat 24th August at the Heritage Motor Museum just off the M40 at Gaydon. Here's a link to it.http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/82234-east-midlands-meet-english-heritage-motor-museum-aug-24th/

Always great to meet people and put faces to the your LOC ID.

Mike

Self

74.9p in Towcester 75.9 at Warwick services on the M40 - one near home the other on the way to my current customer - best we have had in few years was 72p. A lot better than paying for petrol :) but still make me very envious of 57p

Bren

I always thought that highway robbery was illegal but now they call it a "Motorway Service Area" Mike

69p at Fleet Services on the M3.

The BP in Bournemouth has a loyalty scheme ever fill they take 1p off so 2nd fill is 2p until you get to 10p a litre off then you start again.

It's also worth noting that you can get LPG at places other than petrol stations

Mine comes from a Calor Gas Station. Much nicer than a smelly forecourt and miserable staff. Mike

Mike I am visiting the meet at the heritage centre next week

I also top up on gas at a local calor gas station along with all the taxi drivers oh and the owner does all the filling up for you

How many places still do that ..............not many

Mike I am visiting the meet at the heritage centre next week

I also top up on gas at a local calor gas station along with all the taxi drivers oh and the owner does all the filling up for you

How many places still do that ..............not many

Same for me, a lovely lady by the name of Mary serves you and always has a nice chat and if she is not working then there is her very nice daughter who is a very pleasant young lady, Very cheap LPG, great luxury motoring and beautiful ladies, it doesn't get any better.

Look forward to meeting, on the Monday I am coming up to Lancashire for the Great Rhythm and Blues festival in Colne.

Mike