Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H Premier Picked Up Today

Hi all, I have picked up my new IS300h Premier this afternoon from Lexus Birmingham. I had the celestial black, ivory leather, sunroof and the PCS/ACC/LDA/AHB options.

First impressions :- WOW incredible, exceeded my expectations.

I have previously owned Mercedes, Volvos, including XC90, but my first Lexus ever today has just ****** on them all.

It is so so quiet

It is extremely comfortable - I can't stress enough how much I love the seats.

The Mark Levinson audio is incredible, i listen a lot to Classic FM, i had the volume turned up to 36 (don't know the maximum, was to scared to go higher! ) this evening, it was very loud, and every note was so clear and crisp.

The ACC works wonders, so does the LDA as i found out when I was looking too long at the Nav screen and drifted out of my lane on the M6.

My mirrors auto close when you lock the car, and auto dip when you select reverse. Dont know if other models auto dip?, very useful feature that i did not know I had.

Also I did not know that the Nav screen can read your text messages and emails to you as you receive them.

The ventilated seats are better than I imagined, they do cool you if you have the cabin being cooled by the climate control.

Have not even tried sport mode yet, had it in eco all day, it is swift enough in that mode for normal driving.

Drove from birmingham to leicester home, did 57 mpg. This evening I drove from Leicester to Lutterworth on A and B roads, then drove back home up the M1, doing speed limits on all roads, recorded 59.6 mpg. For a car that is listed at 60.1 mpg, i was very impressed.

If anyone has any questions about the Premier or its options, i would be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Hi all, I have picked up my new IS300h Premier this afternoon from Lexus Birmingham. I had the celestial black, ivory leather, sunroof and the PCS/ACC/LDA/AHB options.

First impressions :- WOW incredible, exceeded my expectations.

I have previously owned Mercedes, Volvos, including XC90, but my first Lexus ever today has just ****** on them all.

It is so so quiet

It is extremely comfortable - I can't stress enough how much I love the seats.

The Mark Levinson audio is incredible, i listen a lot to Classic FM, i had the volume turned up to 36 (don't know the maximum, was to scared to go higher! ) this evening, it was very loud, and every note was so clear and crisp.

The ACC works wonders, so does the LDA as i found out when I was looking too long at the Nav screen and drifted out of my lane on the M6.

My mirrors auto close when you lock the car, and auto dip when you select reverse. Dont know if other models auto dip?, very useful feature that i did not know I had.

Also I did not know that the Nav screen can read your text messages and emails to you as you receive them.

The ventilated seats are better than I imagined, they do cool you if you have the cabin being cooled by the climate control.

Have not even tried sport mode yet, had it in eco all day, it is swift enough in that mode for normal driving.

Drove from birmingham to leicester home, did 57 mpg. This evening I drove from Leicester to Lutterworth on A and B roads, then drove back home up the M1, doing speed limits on all roads, recorded 59.6 mpg. For a car that is listed at 60.1 mpg, i was very impressed.

If anyone has any questions about the Premier or its options, i would be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Congratulations Michael - it sounds a fantastic car - mine arrived at the dealership today but I'm not picking it up until the new reg is out in a couple of weeks time. Enjoy :D

Congratulations Michael and many thanks for posting your initial impressions. One question: does the AHB option include a different type of headlight to the standard HID? I think I've read that LED and bi-xenon headlights are fitted or available as an option in some other countries. I had HIDs on a previous car and because the automatic levelling was a little slow to react they were a bit anti-social for oncoming traffic on hilly roads. Maybe headlight automatic levelling systems have improved in recent years?

Hi David, David and Roger, thanks for your comments.

The headlights in the UK are all HID, LED is NOT available on any option for headlights - this is what the UK product manager told me.

Attached an image of the front as it was in the handover area of Lexus Birmingham yesterday, so hopefully you can see the headlights.

post-45050-0-44983300-1376635854_thumb.j

Hi Michael, Many thanks. Your headlights look the same as those on the IS300h Luxury that Lexus Bolton currently has on the used section of their web site, so I think the info you were given must be correct.

The UK spec IS was initially going to have the Auto Location TPMS, which would have displayed the screen showing all 4 tyre pressures, but they now only supply the car with a warning light if the pressure is too high or too low. The Lexus website information has now been modified to remove the Auto Location reference.