Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blocked Sunroof Pipe Is200

HI!

Just bought is200, very nice car... like it a lot., but.... It starts raining yesterday, and immedialey water came down next to the glowe box straight on the carpet. Ive took glowe box out and pillar cover. Blocked pipe is the problem on the passenger side. I ve put some metal cable but it didnt work. when ive put some water in its overflow and leaked insisde the pillar cover onto the floor. How can I unblock this drain?? Also I would like to clean all the drains, is there any manual how to do that?

thanks

HI!

Just bought is200, very nice car... like it a lot., but.... It starts raining yesterday, and immedialey water came down next to the glowe box straight on the carpet. Ive took glowe box out and pillar cover. Blocked pipe is the problem on the passenger side. I ve put some metal cable but it didnt work. when ive put some water in its overflow and leaked insisde the pillar cover onto the floor. How can I unblock this drain?? Also I would like to clean all the drains, is there any manual how to do that?

thanks

Hi Greg, one of the safest ways is to use the thickest plastic strimmer wire. I'm not sure I would want to risk using metal. It's very common for the holes to get blocked, but they should clear quite easily.

Phil

HI!

thanks

Hi Greg, one of the safest ways is to use the thickest plastic strimmer wire. I'm not sure I would want to risk using metal. It's very common for the holes to get blocked, but they should clear quite easily.

Phil

I couldnt find one so went to my mates garage and they unblocked it with compressed air gun. Hopefully its sorted now. Thanks for Your help ! :phone:

HI!

thanks

Phil

I couldnt find one so went to my mates garage and they unblocked it with compressed air gun. Hopefully its sorted now. Thanks for Your help ! :phone:

I've just bought some 4mm thick strimmer line from eBay, £3 for 5 metres. A good thing to keep in the boot.

Can I have auction number please, will buy myself LOL. And yes it is well worth to keep it in the boot :)

Just PM me your address and I'll cut it in half when it comes and post it to you. I won't be needing 5m.

Phil

• Like 1

Can I have auction number please, will buy myself LOL. And yes it is well worth to keep it in the boot :)

Just PM me your address and I'll cut it in half when it comes and post it to you. I won't be needing 5m.

Phil

Done :)

• 1 month later...

I'm not Greg but the front drains should be visible once the sunroof is opened fully in the front corners of the frame.

If water is coming in the glovebox area also check that the drain holes in the plastic moulding around the wiper arm spindles if these drains get blocked water can overflow into the cabin, check your pollen filter too as it can get into there.

Ok thanks for the advice, do i need to remove the platic mouldings around the wiper arm spindles and where do I locate the pollen filter?

Also, if I push some thin wire down the sunroof drain holes will I be able to see it come out the other end

Thanks for your help, car is perfect other than this very irritating problem

Ian