Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se No Dash Lights

i have just bought my 2000 is200 se today and went out to check the lights in the dark ll the dash lights up apart from the dials for the speedo its in total blackness

could this be a fuse ?? fif so where are they located and what fuse should i be looking for

thanks in advance :zee:

As Ian says check fuses.

This might be miles off but about a month ago my dials didn't light up. What I had done earlier that day was taken the LED dash lights out and put the standard ones back in. I'd forgotten to clip the dimmer switch back in the loom behind the dash. The dash lights don't light up if it's not connected. Just a thought as if the previous owner had put LED's in there and then taken the LED's out before selling?

Long shot but you never know! :whistling::lol:

ok i have checked the fuse box and the one marked gauge is fine

all the dash lights turn on when i put the key in so could it be a bulb failure ??

is it single bulb or a few that light the speedo and rev counter up

also how would i get the dials out

thanks in advance

To remove dials

1. Remove shroud round steering wheel. One screw underneath, and one either side of steering wheel.

2. Remove securing screw near headlamp switch under speedo surround trim.

3. Remove 2 screws from top of speedo trim, then pull toward you and un-plug dimmer switch.

4. remove 3 gold screws from speedo unit, pull toward you and unclip 2 wiring plugs from rear.

5 The bulbs you need to check are the 3 large black ones and the 2 with blue holders

ok i took the surround off and the dimmer switch was disconnected like Chris said

i just need it to get dark now to check :)

cheers guys for the great help

i have just bought this very same car off coooky on wednesday and still the same issue i have made sure there is power to the clock when you turn the lights on and there is and i circuit tested the dimmer switch and i got a circuit on all 4 setting and then tested the wires that plug into the switch and nothing no read out at all.

sooooooooo my question is should there be power going to the dimmer switch and if so where would i trace it back to?

i know the fuses are all ok and the bulb are all ok could it possible have a relay on the circuit somewhere before the dimmer and if so where would i find it?

cheers ian

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links