Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Omg Just Ordered An F Sport!

I only popped in a month ago as my 250's water pump went. The impeccable customer service reminded me of one of the reasons i've enjoyed my Lexus ownership over the last 5 years.

Next thing I know I've only gone and ordered an F Sport in Sonic Titanium with full Rose leather interior and nav system. The only thing it hasn't got is the Mark Levinson stereo, which I have at the mo and really don't need. I've gone for the platinum care pack too, the bumper and wheel protection sold me although I'm not sure the gap insurance is really worth it. Hope never to have to find out either!

I've also transferred over the balance of my service plan from the 250 so my servicing costs for the next 3 years are £9PM. :phone:

A good trade in, great deal on the car, I couldn't be happier. Pick it up on the 2nd Sept... How many sleeps is that??

What do you think chaps?

post-26582-0-09129300-1376743282_thumb.j

Oh, and they did some nice cakes to go with it!

post-26582-0-21401800-1376743659_thumb.j

Tremendous. There should be a law requiring F-sports to have a red interior; and you can't go wrong with any of the Lexus greys/silvers.

Assuming you're over in GB, you get the new reg too - on a car which will be highly exclusive.

Health to enjoy!

Tremendous. There should be a law requiring F-sports to have a red interior; and you can't go wrong with any of the Lexus greys/silvers.

Assuming you're over in GB, you get the new reg too - on a car which will be highly exclusive.

Health to enjoy!

Thanks Ian, I'm in Croydon Surrey and can't compliment the dealerships enough over the last 5 and a bit years of ownership.

I've been following your posts with great interest too, and really pleased you are enjoying yours.

Happy motoring!

Good choice... I thought the Lexus smart insurance only covered the panels and not the wheels or is there a different product for wheel scuffs?

The package I have gives gap insurance of £20k, bumper cover, wheels & tyre malicious damage cover and Supagard. I don't have the details as yet. I believe it's called the Platinum Care Pack. I'm not sure whether it's a dealer specific or Lexus UK offering. Having scuffed my bumpers and kerbed the alloys more than once of twice I thought it good value to protect my new baby!

You have 16 sleeps! :)

My F Sport will be delivered to my Drive on the 31st Aug ready to be driven at midnight! :devil:

Now that is just showing off!, Don't forget the pics!

Great colour combination, that would also my interior/exterior choice. I'll be waiting at least a year though as I never buy during the first year of a new model.

Neither do I, let the bugs get ironed out first! Unfortunately I just couldn't resist and hope I don't live to regret the decision.

I bought an IS220d in the first year (in factr mine was one of the first reg'd). It was a donkey...

I then vowed never ever to buy a new model again....

Guess what? Bought the GS250 just after launch lol. It's been fab!! Hopefully Lexus have learned their lesson after the GS3 and the IS2, both of which were plagued by rattles, badly fitted dashboards etc etc, and in the case of the IS2 a naff engine as well.

So far I have to say, all of these latest Lexus's are splendid!

DJP: congrats. Love the impulse buy :) Becoming a big fan of the red interior have to say. Red int. + silver or any grey seems the way to go.

What is up with lexus.co.uk tho? When doing the f-sport configurator, it doesn't show red leather as an option...?

DJP: congrats. Love the impulse buy :) Becoming a big fan of the red interior have to say. Red int. + silver or any grey seems the way to go.

What is up with lexus.co.uk tho? When doing the f-sport configurator, it doesn't show red leather as an option...?

i've no idea! I tried to configure it to show the wife when I got home and couldn't. If I hadn't sat in the actual car I think I would have doubted my sanity.

I was debating about the Ultra Blue but the sales guy said on a p/ex he felt they would prefer the Sonic/red as it's a little more in keeping with the Lexus feel and would sell easier than the blue. Independent of that conversation, the GM of the dealership (and another) said that combination had been admired by everyone that had seen it.

I've never had anything other than black leather before so it will be a nice change, and I think is the colour in the LFA :driving: .

Only 15 more sleeps to go. :lol:

He was right about re-sale value. My last Volvo S80 was a not-at-all-convincing shade of crimson, bought pre-reg for a significant discount made all the more significant because there was no chance of anyone buying that colour new. As soon as I sold it, people starting piping up about how awful the colour was!

So it does matter and, yes, grey-black is safe.

I have to say, I think grey exterior and red interior will prove by far the most popular combination for the F-sport, because they add to the sporty feel. I deliberately went for black on a non-F-sport to be less sporty and more "executive". These things do count!

Got to disagree regarding Ultrasonic Blue - it's by far the best colour for a sports orientated car, that's one of the reasons it is exclusive to the F Sport - have a look on the Club Lexus forums - they are up in arms because USB isn't an option in the USA - its resale value will be absolutely fine.

But of course, I'm biased. :whistling:

Ian; agree and noted your points about site elsewhere. It's frankly appalling and they need to sort it out.

Can I just point out what a hash Lexus marketing are doing with the IS300h launch. Poor website, poor and frankly misleading information on options etc and somewhat confused messages about who the car is targeted at and they also need to sort out better reviews and correct the crap that is flying around on the internet about the car. They can't just rely on their image to smooth things over.

David; I did actually look for the IS-F in it's exclusive blue colour when shopping as I thought it was striking and would kinda act as a 'look at me' beacon but only grey/black IS-Fs where on the market at the time. Not sure how the U. Blue compares tho? Anyways after purchasing a grey no buyers remorse as after owning a car that drew too much attention at every public stop it's nice to be more Q like and blend in. Enjoy the new shiny blue motor - well ware as they say here in Ireland.

DLP; not too long before IS250SE MM can be deleted from your profile :)

• Like 1

I was told by my Lexus dealer that Ultra blue is a great colour for resale values on the sport models and in general the strong blues have always been a desirable colour for the CT200h and the ISF. I went for the black interior as I really liked the colour combination.

I was told by my Lexus dealer that Ultra blue is a great colour for resale values on the sport models and in general the strong blues have always been a desirable colour for the CT200h and the ISF. I went for the black interior as I really liked the colour combination.

Your combo was actually my first choice. They had a CT in the USB and the one I've bought. Both are really good, as you'd expect, but I also fancied a change from black leather, and seeing the one in the showroom tipped it for me. Can't wait :driving:

I loved the red leather seats in the F sport, and was very tempted by a white car with them, but at the end of the day I preferred the more comfortable suspension of the Premier, plus the Mark Levinson stereo, blind spot monitor etc. I have gone for Mercury Grey with black leather (the contrasting white stitching looks very elegant). I just wish the red leather wasn't confined to the F Sport.

red will probably have better resale than black as it looks great and is quite special in Lexus lineup... different colored interior may have worse resale only if it is done bad.... but if i buy used IS300h few years down the line, i will make sure that I get red interior.