Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heritage Museum Meet Saturday 24Th Aug...picture Thread.

IHgs300

Hi Mike, thanks for your input. With that amount of fraud you have experienced i don't blame you for being extra careful.

I am very careful with my personal details online ect, but regarding my reg plate, it is available for anyone to see 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year. Yes it's a risk but no worse than people seeing it on the road.

Ian.

• Like 1

had a great time yesterday, really nice to meet everyone, to be honest, no point me posting any pics as they will be the same as what's already here.

Had a great time yesterday thanks guys :)

No problem about the number plates for me. I also have many photos but they all show your number plates and I don't know how to blank them out. Do you mind if I post them?

its easy to edit out the number plates......open the image with paint on your PC and just colour in the plate, then save the image to where you already have it saved and overwrite it, it does take a little time though.

hello all. had yet another great day at the meet, good to see everyone again, and also meet new friends. no problem with the reg plates, Jeff. want a good laugh,as you know we stayed at days inn overnight. got a bottle of wine for bronagh and 6 bottles of becks for me to take back to the room.cutting a long story short the wine had a cork. no corkscrew,my becks no bottle opener, bronagh had to go back to shop to change bottle for a screw top, I made do opening mine on the door latch. sorted? after my 2nd bottle I realized it was none alcoholic was well peed off. or as the case may be NOT.ha ha.

• Like 2

As far as i'm concerned feel free Chris, Last time i did it on personal request from another member.

Ah! That I think was me.

I have always been very careful about what info I make public and I like to think that I do a pretty good job making sure info doesn't get out into the digital world. I have never understood why in this day and age that sensitive & private details are readily made available to every scroat that can make use of them to further their criminal careers and at your expense.

How ever in the last 10 years my bank account both company and private accounts have been compromised on 3 separate occasions to the tune of £15000. All monies were eventually returned but the work and aggravation was immense.

During that period my personal details were used to open 4 separate phones, two of which I managed to get shut immediately but the other two accounts ended up in court where the County Court Judge cleared me of any involvement. It took me another 9 months to get my name cleared on the Credit Control Registers and only then after forking out for a Solicitor to write them letters.

I cannot understand why no one would stand on the high street shouting out all their personal details but are quite happy to publish them to all on the WWW.

Your reg details can give anyone Cart Blanche to get your registered address for that car normally where we live. You publish on line that your going to an LOC meet 200 miles from where you live hey presto its an advert for little Jimmy slippery fingers to pay your home a visit and avail himself to lots of your hard earnt possessions.

I am careful but it still happened to me.

Mike

The reason is that when Blair came to power, encouraged by the Tories, it was decided that the UK would become the data capital of the world. It was&is intended that our overseas earnings will be boosted by us being the centre of the data world. Its also why our Government/ICO refuses to implement the EU directive on personal data & is such a poor protector of our data

slight issue guys i notice you have blanked out the numberplates

can't do that on the video

will it be an issue for you all before i post it?

No problem to me personally m8

As far as i'm concerned feel free Chris, Last time i did it on personal request from another member.

Ah! That I think was me.

I have always been very careful about what info I make public and I like to think that I do a pretty good job making sure info doesn't get out into the digital world. I have never understood why in this day and age that sensitive & private details are readily made available to every scroat that can make use of them to further their criminal careers and at your expense.

How ever in the last 10 years my bank account both company and private accounts have been compromised on 3 separate occasions to the tune of £15000. All monies were eventually returned but the work and aggravation was immense.

During that period my personal details were used to open 4 separate phones, two of which I managed to get shut immediately but the other two accounts ended up in court where the County Court Judge cleared me of any involvement. It took me another 9 months to get my name cleared on the Credit Control Registers and only then after forking out for a Solicitor to write them letters.

I cannot understand why no one would stand on the high street shouting out all their personal details but are quite happy to publish them to all on the WWW.

Your reg details can give anyone Cart Blanche to get your registered address for that car normally where we live. You publish on line that your going to an LOC meet 200 miles from where you live hey presto its an advert for little Jimmy slippery fingers to pay your home a visit and avail himself to lots of your hard earnt possessions.

I am careful but it still happened to me.

Mike

Jimmy slippery fingers is more than welcome to visit my 2 dogs, they do like unwelcome guests, especially with a dash of chewed ***** and diced scrotum, with just a pinch of of maggoty *****

• Like 3

yaay finally my car :D

thanks for the vid Jeff

btw my foot is hanging out of that LS because i stepped in dog **** :whistling:

Glad you didn;t get the poop on my shagpile then :phone:

Some good pics and a couple of good vids, all in all i would say a good time had by all :phone::phone:

• Like 1

hello all. had yet another great day at the meet, good to see everyone again, and also meet new friends. no problem with the reg plates, Jeff. want a good laugh,as you know we stayed at days inn overnight. got a bottle of wine for bronagh and 6 bottles of becks for me to take back to the room.cutting a long story short the wine had a cork. no corkscrew,my becks no bottle opener, bronagh had to go back to shop to change bottle for a screw top, I made do opening mine on the door latch. sorted? after my 2nd bottle I realized it was none alcoholic was well peed off. or as the case may be NOT.ha ha.

This made me laugh, it was Murphys Law working on overtime, still you had a great meet. Mike

Quick video I edited, want to get better footage next time I talk too much! :whistling:

Hope the link works

http://youtu.be/7DtM5oVgHPo

Wow! what a cleaver bunch we have. Not only great photographs but moving pictures with jazzy backing tracks. Well done to you all. Mike

• Like 2

I have just thought of a way around the number plate issue which was me that bought it up about blanking out the number plates in pics etc I just get two other number plates with just MK 4 LS400 for example and stick them over the originals, problem solved just remember to take them off before you head home. I have got my plates on order. Mike

yaay finally my car :D

thanks for the vid Jeff

btw my foot is hanging out of that LS because i stepped in dog **** :whistling:

Ooh wah! cant have you anywhere near my deep pile cream sheepskin carpets. I have two dogs these days but have had up to 4 at a time over the years and I have always cleaned up behind my dogs. Those owners that dont are as hated by us as you were sat there with it on your shoes.

Mike

I have just thought of a way around the number plate issue which was me that bought it up about blanking out the number plates in pics etc I just get two other number plates with just MK 4 LS400 for example and stick them over the originals, problem solved just remember to take them off before you head home. I have got my plates on order. Mike

I had the same idea! I told Ian we need show plates :) Heather x (ians200 wifey)

• Like 1