Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Costs

Does anyone know the typical servicing costs of the 300h? The only reason I ask is that I am being offered a 3 year package (three services) from the dealership for £773.09 (just over £24 per month 32 payments). They state that there is a good saving from RRP on servicing but don't state how much it is... The Lexus website states the 300h has lower servicing costs but I can't seem to find any reference to cost online. I suppose I can always phone them tomorrow and ask... just curious!

That's very interesting, as I've been quoted £908.20 for 3 services. I've an F sport on the way, is yours the same? I don't know whether there would be a difference between, range, I wouldn't have thought so as the engine is the same, but I'm certainly no expert in thee matters.

I assume your figure includes VAT as mine does?

I recall from my days on the IS250 forum different costs being quoted for servicing plans, which for an older car might have some relevance but for brand new... I assume the plans are dealer specific and maybe costs do vary from region to region.

Would be interesting to have some input from others who may have more experience.

I have a great relationship with my dealer so will make some friendly noises and let you know how I get on.

Dealerships charge different prices for there services,
probably down to different labour costs depending on were in the country they
are located, I just paid £230 for the first service on my GS450h f sport, although
I was originally quoted £330 from my local dealer.

When I bought my IS250SEI in 2009 I was offered a similar 3 year service plan which, although it seemed a good deal, I turned down in order to retain the flexibility to use different dealers for services. As it turned out the excellent Lexus Owners Club discount meant I also saved a useful amount of money.

• I am awaiting delivery of a 300H Premier in early September. I did a deal which included 3 years servicing. However, I was given a leaflet which quoted £773.09 (including VAT) for 3 services, payable by 32 monthly instalments of £24.15 per month.

• I am awaiting delivery of a 300H Premier in early September. I did a deal which included 3 years servicing. However, I was given a leaflet which quoted £773.09 (including VAT) for 3 services, payable by 32 monthly instalments of £24.15 per month.

In fact checking the details and adding the pence up... my quote is exactly the same £773.09 which seems like good value to me!

so what does that 3 year plan offer in terms of servicing? Seems a lot more expensive than here in Eastern Europe.

When it comes to hybrids and cheaper servicing, it is further down the line than 3 years - for instance brakes wont need to be changed nearly as often but they are not including brakes in 3yr offer anyway.

I suspect that the reason that servicing costs look expensive to someone living in Eastern Europe is the difference in labour costs. I'm not sure exactly what it includes - I suspect oil change, spark plugs, lubrication of locks etc, general check-up. From my experience of a similar service plan for a Jaguar, they do not include any consumable parts (brake pads, wipers, etc).

I thought it was 12K or annually whatever comes first... As most of their private finance details are based on 10K per year maybe they are just assuming a private buyer would need to service it at 10K or less... just a guess though!

My quote of £908 is based on an IS250 as at the time of the quote they (whoever "they" are) didn't have the 300h in the system. I awaiting a revised quote so hopefully they will come up with something closer to the £773 quoted above.

My dealership (Croydon) have been brilliant ever since I bought my IS250 in 2008 so I'm not expecting to be disappointed. I will let you know....

I also am awaiting delivery of my new 300h in September.

I was quoted £882 minus 10% discount i.e. £794 for 3 services at 10000miles intervals . 19 monthly installments of £40ish. The quote is based on an estimated 15k miles/annum.

I'm not sure if this is value for money, particularly as posts on this forum suggest that service intervals should be 12k miles not 10k quoted in the service plan.

I renewed the 3 year service plan on my 6 year old IS 250 auto in July at £832, then the following week purchased the new IS 300h Luxury. The old service plan was immediately ceased and a new one for the IS 300h was taken up at a lower cost of £751.

I renewed the 3 year service plan on my 6 year old IS 250 auto in July at £832, then the following week purchased the new IS 300h Luxury. The old service plan was immediately ceased and a new one for the IS 300h was taken up at a lower cost of £751.

Thanks MWC, I'm still waiting for my dealer to get back to me, but clearly I should be looking at cheaper than what has ben currently quoted. In fairness, they hadn't been asked to quote on the IS300 until then. I'll post as soon as I know, and roll on Sunday morning!

Thanks to all who posted, my dealer has corrected the figures and it's at the £775 ish figure. Given that I had £600 still to my credit (which I didn't really expect) my servicing costs are £5 per month :driving:

• 1 month later...

I believe they work out the servicing costs is dependent on how many miles you clock up in a year, so if you're doing 20K a year it would cost you alot more for 3 services as you would be getting your car serviced twice a year so you would have to pay for your service plan within 18 months, where as if you're doing 10K miles a year and for 3 services it would be cheaper and you can spread out the payments over 3 years..

Hope that helps.

• 5 months later...

Just picked up my premier, loved every minute of the drive home. When picking it up I was offered the 3 year service plan for £1175, reading these quotes this seems excessive especially as we are told they need less maintenance. Haven't decided whether to take it up or not as I didn't on my previous is250.

Bob99,

Congrats on the new car, but ouch on that quote. The three year servicing deal on mine, which is 10k intervals and not 12.5k as I've seen quoted here (memory suggests maybe the fleet servicing interval may be longer but no idea why that would be), was £907 inc VAT. I think I was the first customer from the dealership to take a 300h and the servicing plan, again something in my memory tells me that as a new model they weren't entirely sure what to charge, only that it should be cheaper than the 250.

I think I'd go back.....

Thanks for the comments. I will be getting a phone call in the next few days to see how I like the car and they will try to sell it again. I'll see what they come up with.

• 3 months later...

I have been offered a quote of 1077£ for 3 services. Having looked at other posts, it seems expensive

There is only one Lexus dealership here.

Are there any other dealers who could offer the service plan?

Thanks

I have been offered a quote of 1077£ for 3 services. Having looked at other posts, it seems expensive

There is only one Lexus dealership here.

Are there any other dealers who could offer the service plan?

Thanks

do you need 2 major and 1 minor service or 2 minor and 1 major? That would make a different to your plan cost.

The car had first service at 10,000(minor?) before I bought it..the current mileage is 16300.

They have quoted for 20,000, 30,000 and 40,000

Not sure how many major or minor services..