Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Locking Wheel Nut Problem

T2000

I knew my rear brakes was getting on and need changing. They started to squeal today. Stopped off at euro car parts and got new discs and pads for £112 within 5 minutes. The day is going great. All i needed to do is change them. What can go wrong.......

THE DRAMA STARTS.........

Notice the locking wheel nut key is cracked. Probably happened when i got new tyres put on. I did my best to see if i could loosen one but no luck. The inner part is slightly uneven. I then goto a garage to ask them if they could help me by hammering the middle flat and then giving it a go with their pneumatic socket drill thing. Im thinking abit of pressure on the back of it might free it. Also to see what they would recommend.

Garage 1:- 'No mate. Its not as easy as that. We might need to drill it out. We had one car and it took us 3 days to remove the nut. It could cost you £600. We are busy today but come back tomorrow'.

Me:- 'I'll phone my breakdown company first and see what they say'. I make my escape with disbelief.

Garage 2:- 'Here try this lexus key, it might fit'. One look at its shape and i say 'stevie wonder would know that its not going ot fit'. ' The mechanic said well we might have to weld a nut on or something. £120 to remove them all'. I then left.

So now ive left a voice mail for lexus and they will get back to me tomorrow and give me the result.........What do you think the outcome will be?

I have the locking wheel nut code so fingers crossed i can get a replacement for a price that wont make me look like this.....

homealone.jpg

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Not a big problem as you have the code. I think it may cost you about £20 for a new ''key''

If its £20 i will go around to those other garages and wave it in their faces like a winning lottery ticket. :hocus-pokus:

I went to Lexus woodford today. Code in hand and withing 5 minutes i had a new wheel nut locking key for the great price of £19:99 :hocus-pokus:

After 3 more hours (im not a fast mechanic) i had wheels off, new rear discs and pads all fitted. Ive saved myself a small fortune. Especially if i went to the garage and paid £600 for them to remove a nut. Oh and Lexus said they would remove all 4 nuts it i had lost the key for £120. Not bad for a dealer.

Well so much for my local garage. I live in a small town (population about 1000) and everyone knows everyone. I'll be spreading the word to not to use that garage and will be calling them a bunch of rip off cowboys :devil:

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links