Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question On Lowering Springs

searched for an answer but could,t find it. at the moment with my standard springs, if i have people in the back the car scrapes over speed bumps, if i have lower springs on (40mm) will it scrape worse or will the springs not drop as much as the original ones ? stupid question i know but it will make my choice much easier. thanks for any help you can give !

It will scrape more than it currently does if you fit 40mm lowering springs. I''m surprised that your car is scraping with stock springs, either you have VERY high speed-bumps where you live or you are driving too fast over them! :-)

Try approaching the speedbump one wheel at a time......it should'nt scrape if you roll over the bump one wheel at a time....

Hi even with passengers, stock suspension and springs should not scrape. It may be worth you getting this checked out before fitting anything else to your car. It could be something as simple as an exhaust clip missing amd there is a part of the exhaust catching the speed bump.

I not long put springs on mine and you definately gotta slow right down for speed bumps. I never used to bother and didnt get any scraping especially at rear as standards are very high. But now i crawl over them after catching all the plastics underneath and ripping them off the other week. Plus as Stuart mentions its a stiffer ride too so if you hit em too hard you definately feel it. I lowered mine on tein springs purely because the rear looked way too high but now it does look a lot better and should handle better. But I would still definately recommend lowering though.