Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

As I said before my brother is going to be my driver in about 2 weeks time after I have a nerve op in my left arm and he will not drive my ls400 as he said it look like an old mans car, well I'm not that old and I love it, so if anyone wants a deal with their ls430 do let me know, to be honest I'm feeling abit teary as I may lose all feeling in my left arm, and also love the ls400.

Thanks in advance

Have you considered fitting a steering knob on the wheel and driving one handed?

I used to have a Mk1 Granada auto, which came with one fitted, and to my surprise I loved it and kept it on.

It was great for parking especially........you could twirl the steering wheel faster than with two hands.

Have you considered fitting a steering knob on the wheel and driving one handed?

I used to have a Mk1 Granada auto, which came with one fitted, and to my surprise I loved it and kept it on.

It was great for parking especially........you could twirl the steering wheel faster than with two hands.

Sadly the UKDM Lexi have the indicators on the left so you can't drive them one handed

I asked about that when I first got my LS430 as I don't have hand so its a bit awkward, was told you can replace the UK stalks with Australian ones (indicators on the right), Japanese ones have them on the correct side too but have something different about the stalks (can't remember what).

I wish Toyota/Lexus had continued putting RHD indicators on their UK cars, I can understand the EU/US companies just using the LHD ones to make things easier for themselves but Toyota use RHD indicators on the RHD cars in their own domestic market :(

Sadly the UKDM Lexi have the indicators on the left so you can't drive them one handed

Of course, I hadn't thought of that.

I did try using the indicators on my parked up van tonight, using my right hand.

Awkward for sure, but I think I'd give it a go rather than sell my 400.

That can't possibly be the end of the solutions !!!

Why not investigate feet controls ..... the stalk controls being transferred to the footwell somehow .... there has just got to be someone with a similar problem and whatever the Society might be I would have thought they would have come up with a sensibly priced solution

Malc

Hi guys

As I said before my brother is going to be my driver in about 2 weeks time after I have a nerve op in my left arm and he will not drive my ls400 as he said it look like an old mans car, well I'm not that old and I love it, so if anyone wants a deal with their ls430 do let me know, to be honest I'm feeling abit teary as I may lose all feeling in my left arm, and also love the ls400.

Thanks in advance

And the LS430 is a young mans car? I think not. On a more serious note, I hope you eventually get the feeling back in your arm, they often give you the worst case scenario with these procedures.

Phil

Hi

I think he meant the ls400 looks like an old mans car, where as the ls430 looks more updated. He said the ls400 looks similar to a car with a coffin in the back

on a worst case senario you could get help through the goverment mobility scheme,they modify cars for disabled people

i had operations on both hands last year,i had dupytrens disease where your hands look like a claw fingertips touching palms, could'nt get hands round a pint glass something had to be done!

had these three cuts across palms and they sorted out the tendons etc and i still got all the feelings back now,hope everthing goes well for you,thou its quite awkward, i was one handed for two occasions

Thanks for the advice guys, I will try that mobility route, but if anyone has a 2000-2001 ls430 and would like a deal with my ls400, do let me know, I can't afford much, but am willing to pay something on top for the right car

on a worst case senario you could get help through the goverment mobility scheme,they modify cars for disabled people

i had operations on both hands last year,i had dupytrens disease where your hands look like a claw fingertips touching palms, could'nt get hands round a pint glass something had to be done!

had these three cuts across palms and they sorted out the tendons etc and i still got all the feelings back now,hope everthing goes well for you,thou its quite awkward, i was one handed for two occasions

As a disabled person who has had a Motobility car many years ago W reg, they are not as easy to get especially with modified controls as they are very picky as to what car they will fit them too and I would think that any LS400 would be out of it as as far as they are concerned the car is to old and in the event of it being scrapped just a couple of years after they have modified it is just not good business practice, but don't let what I have just said put you off from trying, if you don't ask you don't get.

To get a motobility car or modifications you need to be in receipt of the Higher rate of Disability Living Allowance.

As a final point if I had had car from them in the period I have have had my LS400 Mk4 the Motobility route would have been very very expensive.

Mike

Why not investigate feet controls ..... the stalk controls being transferred to the footwell somehow .... there has just got to be someone with a similar problem and whatever the Society might be I would have thought they would have come up with a sensibly priced solution

Malc

You can actually get wraparound stalks, which would bolt onto the left stalk and provide an additional stalk on the right to control it.

To qualify for mobility you need to be on higher rate DLA/PIP and have a problem either with your legs or with both arms, one isn't enough sadly.

Messi

I am sorry if what I am about to say is out of line, but let me understand this. You are about to have an operation on your hand that could leave your arm with no feeling. Your brother, your next of kin, your blood, is going to drive you around and because he doesnt like your car you trying to upgrade? Firstly this is about you, your comfort and your welbeing, not his. If he were my brother I'd punch him hard with my good hand and tell him to wake up and remember why he is doing this.

On another note, you say that you may lose the feeling in your arm, I dont know the rules but losing the feeling and driving but the op doesnt stop you using your arm and hand does it? So there must be a solution that the brains on this forum can suggest.

Again I am sorry if I am speaking out of turn but we see so much suffering in this world that it just irritates me when I read things like this.

Said my peace I'll shut up now.

Malc

You can actually get wraparound stalks, which would bolt onto the left stalk and provide an additional stalk on the right to control it.

>on a worst case senario you could get help through the goverment mobility scheme,they modify cars for disabled people

To qualify for mobility you need to be on higher rate DLA/PIP and have a problem either with your legs or with both arms, one isn't enough sadly.

Isn't that what I just said.? Mike