Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Project - Car Wrap, 2012 F-Sport Bumper, Led Headlamps And Turn Signal

• 2 months later...

Still looking good :)

But you need to get some meaty wheels.. the stock 17 just don't cut ;)

LOL, i know. just being lazy on the wheels front. i've been looking out for a good set of wheels in the hope that when tyres need changing, i'll be able to get a new set. But haven't come across anything. Might just paint the existing ones this summer. Currently working on a new project. Here's the link: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/99773-20142015-3is-f-sport-bumper-conversion/

• 2 weeks later...

Thats an awesome job did you do it outside in the open

Thanks. the panels that I was able to remove were wrapped indoors (bumpers, wings, side skirts, door handles, mirrors etc.) everything else was done outdoors.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

You can actually cut out any of the airbox (for more sound) on the cold side of the engine bay, so the front and front left as you look at the airbox from the bumper. On my 330ci people were selling kits for £300+, I just grabbed a hand saw and cut the whole of the front out of the airbox, one big square, and then gutted the inside of it. Sounded just like my friends simota cone but with none of the heatsoak you get in traffic in the summer!

If I buy a 250 it will be the first thing I do!

A friend bought a 1997 golf 16v gti and he actually cut the whole airbox in half ha ha, so the bottom half of it was missing completely. Being quite far from the engine and only used in the summer (no puddles) this was no problem, the throttle response seemed a lot better and the induction roar was immense for a 4cyl!

• 1 year later...