Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1Gfe Airbox/engine Cover Removal

EviLClouD

Hey, sorry to be a complete noob here, but does anyone know how to undo the 1gfe engine cover/airbox?
I've found and removed 3 screws but it doesnt seem to want to budge. Unless i'm blind and have missed a couple of screws?
The ones i have circled in red are the ones i have undone...
Thanks

2ic1r0y.jpg

That's all there is bolt wise, Must just have stuck itself with time, Try wobbling it side to side to the break seal. Be careful as there's a pipe underneath to disconnect.

Ok thanks got it! So just an update. I managed to finally replace the spark plugs. How do my coils/old plugs look? Also i hand torqued the plugs before finishing off with a 1/4-1/2 turn with a wrench, is that okay? As i couldnt get my hands on a torque wrench. However, for my peace of mind, what would be the obvious signs of under torqued/over torqued spark plugs?
Thanks

2wn79lc.jpg

2jfkua8.jpg

The spark plugs look fine mixture wise. The threads on 4th from right look a bit iffy, so does electrode gap. The coils apart from 1 and 3 look quite new.

Regarding tightening, you have done what i always do, never had any problems.

Thanks for the replies! Yea i did notice how clean the coils looked, i guess its a good sign of how the car has been looked after by the previous owners!

Yep i put in some Denso SK20 iridium plugs, hopefully they do a good job. The last ones were in the car for approximately 45,000k's so i was surprised they didnt give me any trouble...

did you put iridium plugs in ?

the old plugs look ok apart from the three which look a bit cross threaded.

coils look brand new :geek:

not brand new going with the colour of the rubber insulator?????? on the other forums they use it as a sign of age.

well the coils are electrical and never know when they will pack up. having old used/worn plugs can put a strain on the coils more.

the rubber cover seals are same as new coils from a dealer'

not only that, he's engine looks neat and clean compare to some engines I have seen.

all good :winky: