Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its Been A While.. Gunmetal Grey Alloys, Window Wind Shields And Gold

Hey guys

its been a while since ive been on here. Changed my wheels back to original but got them custom painted and painted my calipers in gold and added some Lexus stickers. Ive also put some wind shields above my front windows. What do u all think?

post-47531-0-45174100-1377816615_thumb.j

post-47531-0-53803500-1377816676_thumb.j

Why thank you kind sir! I was going to put my calipers in black with the stickers silver, but i thought nah I'll try something I've never seen before, and it came out brilliant. I love it!!

Well well well. someone else has put the wrong Battery in their IS200 and dinged the bonnet, not just mine then lol

Wheels look really good btw, not to dark not to light. I need to do my calipers, been on the todo lists for too long now lol

LOL @ Pete :hohoho: ..

@ Noreen - it dried within half hour, but i waited an hour as i added the decal stickers on, so i wanted to make certain that it dried properly without smudging. After that i put the wheel straight back on. When i done em all the instructions said dont drive for the next 24 hours, but i thought blaah blaah i was driving within 2 hours LOL. its done no harm.

It came with a spray to clean em and a can of paint with a brush. The can said it would only paint 4 calipers but i done all 4 and i only used less than half of the can. What colour u looking to do yours in? B)

Thanks for this info because i saw those kits with the spray can, brush and 250ml of paint on eBay for £12.90 and was wondering if it would do all 4. Im gonna do mine next week i think but do one at a time as well. Also not sure why ppl use spray paint seems more logical to use brush. Gonna do mine black with silver decals if anyones wondering

How many coats per caliper btw?

Gstarr I want to do mine orange with black decals. I think I may have to do them first thing in the morning so I could use the car later on in the afternoon ....my car is used everyday!! If not by me then by my sister (whos scuffed the front corner bumper...grrr!)

Petay I've seen those kits on eBay as well! I think I may just end up getting one of them.

@ Pete that sounds good that was my initial plan black with silver decals but because of my wheel colour i dont think they would stand out as much.. i done 2 coats on one of them, but becuase it dries so quickly it smudged badly, so i sanded it back off and just put one coat. One coat looks just as good as 2.

@Noreen LOL yep thats how it goes cant trust anyone but yourself with your car aye! Yeah orange will really stand out. I got my kit on eBay. If i remember correctly it was E-TECH and costed £15.90.

@Gurmin eBay!

• 2 months later...

oooh, i like them very much. I also would like gunmetal alloys on my black 220d, but i'd need to source new ones, 18" i think, as the 16's that are on it look too small for the car. the front doesn't look too bad, but the back just doesn't look right. the back quarter panel is too deep for 16's. just my thoughts, but yours do look very, very nice indeed. good job matey.

frankie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links