Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arrggghhh

Coming up to 1st service this week, 10k miles and it looks like clutch is gone already! Quite a bit of judder after a long drive on M.way and then moving off again.

Cannot believe it, as much as an entusiastic driver I am, I don't give it 7000revs off the line, 70% of that is motorway miles and in any case, it's a pretty much low torque and power car (at moving off revs anyway). WHY????

At what stage did you guys have to replace the clutch and why? If I do have to, can I claim? Since it is meant to last about 40k (according to dealer) and I don't drive it to destory it.

My clutch has juddered since new at crawling speed. Makes driving in traffic and reversing quite unpleasant !!

I know of at least one other who has this prob - currently on 3rd clutch + flywheel and soon to be fourth i think ..

I'm meant to be taking a techie from the dealer out for a drive to demonstrate the problem at some point.

I'd be inclined to hold out for a fix under warranty.

I've got the same problem, Its even more noticable when people drive the car who are not used to it. As Tony mentioned I'm on my 3rd clutch and second flywheel. The last clutch actually made it worse. It was supposed to go in last week for the 4th clutch but I had to cancel.

All of the work has been done under warranty.

Thanks guys, I'm glad I'm not alone at least on one count, still hoping that it's similar problem than causes all else and not a worn clutch. The juddering is indeed very annoying at slow speed and very embarassing when passingering as well. You don't even get that in a Micra. I actually found it very difficult since first day to change gear/match revs/speed/clutch smoothly, always engine speed to fast or slow, 1/20 times I get it right, and I do try to heel-toe as well. Does that reduce or improve clutch wear?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links