Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport Initial Thoughts

Well after the longest two weeks I can remember I finally have her on the drive. Sonic Titanium and Dark Rose with Nav: :D

post-26582-0-42460800-1378068604_thumb.j

I've tried uploading some more photos but it's not working so this will have to do. :eerrrmm:

Initial thoughts are are extremely good. I was a little worried about:

1. Engine noise or lack of, despite having had a good test drive a few weeks ago I was beginning to believe some of the "whiners", if you get my drift. No need, it's fine. Not a gutsy roar granted, but perfectly satisfactory IMHO. And not under powered either. Plenty of poke.

2. Cheap and nasty boot lid. Light certainly but doesn't detract from the car in my view at all.

3. Soft touch indicators - read one post on the US site and wondered if I was on the same planet. I found them extremely quick to get used to and a benefit not a negative

4. Bluetooth integration and Iphone contacts upload - was a no no on my '07 IS, on this car, perfect and contacts uploaded quick as you like. Music plays brilliantly and I don't miss the ML (although I'm no audiophile).

Definite positives in addition to the above:

A "tight" drive IMHO. Not very technical but the car just feels and handles, well, tight!

Excellent seat, great support and memory which I didn't expect.

Auto dipping doors mirrors when reverse selected.

Auto door mirror retraction on locking and re opening on unlocking.

Love the LFA inspired dial!

One thing I'm still not 100% about is the Adaptive Variable Suspension. My dealer says its standard on the F Sport where the Nav is taken as an option. Others have posted that it's a £650ish option. How do I know if I have it?

Is there any single source that has exactly what each model with the options has? Online is hopeless and the brochure painfully lacking.

E.G. My dealer says teh headlamps follow the line of the steering. Do they?

I'm sure over the coming weeks and months all these and others will be answered. Could be a lot of fun finding out!

Looks very nice... I agree the whole car feels tight and right! I think the standard stereo is really good... The ML must be fantastic. I don't think the Adaptive suspension is standard... You get an extra button by the Snow button if it is on the car according to my local dealer.

Looks very nice... I agree the whole car feels tight and right! I think the standard stereo is really good... The ML must be fantastic. I don't think the Adaptive suspension is standard... You get an extra button by the Snow button if it is on the car according to my local dealer.

Ok, thanks I will have a look. Did you resolve the keyless entry issue?

looks great, happy for you... I think part of the confusion is that these model designations are just marketing designations - they have various factory options which local Lexus distributor makes standard or not based on their own goals and plans. So "F-Sport" in UK, Germany and Sweden might be 3 different specifications with same name.

• Like 1