Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Mystery Of The Double Beeb

I'm happily wafting along in the F Sport occasionally glancing at the blue bar showing the fuel consumption benefits of the hybrid, when I hear a quiet "beep beep". No warning lights or flashing icons etc.

Slightly perplexed I carry on, and a little while later, another "beep beep". Nothing on the dash, and I haven't wacked a kerb going round a corner (which tripped the VSC warning a few times on my 250).

This has happened about half a dozen or so times and whilst it is not worrying me, I'd like to know why?

Dealer thinks maybe a speed camera setting in the Nav, but I can't find anything in the manual about the Nav having a camera detector and I don't think it has happened when I've gone past a camera. In fact I'm pretty sure it happened once when I was nowhere near a camera.

Anyone here have any thoughts or similar unexplained happenings.

Lovin' it. :lol:

Funny you mention that - it happened to me a few times at the start too. But not since!

Randomly guessing:

- it could have been the EV turning off (but the display tells me this; did I change a setting?);

- it could have been some traffic warning (but then, why has it not happened more consistently/recently?);

- it could have been a speed warning (above again applies though).

But no idea, frankly!

Thanks Ian, having been out and about today I think it is a speed camera warning, and the reason I missed it earlier was because it went off before I could physically see the camera (and had the energy monitor on the screen not the map).

However, I can't find anything in the settings to turn it off (not that I'd want to but there's an option for everything else and the Dealer said you could), or adjust how far from the camera before it goes off, so I'm going to need to test it a bit more before I'm conclusive.

David

Thanks chaps, very helpful as always. Just to finalise, is there any customisation, e.g. distance from speed camera, and if so, where do you find it?

Activ8, I love the avatar!

• 6 months later...

The speed camera warnings cannot be turned off however Lexus say that the map data for those European countries where this is not legal e.g. France does not contain the camera location information and so this is not an issue when driving there.

Late to this .

The Bleeps are the Speed Camera Warning that activates c.500m. from the Site & in Version A, as I journeyed down France on familiar Autoroutes, my Nav did show the Sites but did not give the audible warning.

Tel

• 3 years later...

My CT200 beeps twice at the end of Byker Bridge in Newcastle on my way home from work every night. Still don't know what it means. It is the only time it beeps on my way too & from work. Baffled.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2014 at 8:48 PM, daylight1 said:

David - do you know if there is any way of reducing the volume of the beep? Probably sounds silly but if it was quieter it might help keep SWMBO happy! :whistling:

I thought that changing the volume for the spoken sat nav instructions also changes the beep beep volume for the speed cameras too - if you turn the volume right down (in the settings) then you might not hear the beep beep but would have to turn the volume back up again if using sat nav. By the way the beep beep is definitely for speed cameras (as per those it knows about on the sat nav maps) as I checked with the dealer too when I started hearing it.

Having read through all the replies I thought that it might be the blind spot monitor. I am probably wrong, but I thought that BSM beeped when it recognised someone behind you. If so it can be turned off by using the button on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Just my two cents worth but I bow to superior knowledge.

Parkman.