Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rx400H Recall

hi, just called Lexus and they said the recall is not urgent, and no cars n the UK have been effected.

A letter will be sent out in the next four weeks to say your

car is affected and giving you a time to take it down to the local lexus centre to have the part upgraded.

that's what the guy said.

It's a recall guys, it's not world-changing, it shouldn't cost you anything, you schedule it as you would a service and just carry on. I really can't believe how much woe is being poored out on this thread. I'm sure I'll get shouted down but am I the only one getting fed up of this now? You'll get a letter, book a convenient 4 hour slot and it's done.

It's a recall guys, it's not world-changing, it shouldn't cost you anything, you schedule it as you would a service and just carry on. I really can't believe how much woe is being poored out on this thread. I'm sure I'll get shouted down but am I the only one getting fed up of this now? You'll get a letter, book a convenient 4 hour slot and it's done.

The reason for me is that my wife and I have extremely busy lives. For me this was a run around purchase. enough time went into sorting it.

That's why we have to cover all the possibilities. when, were & how quick they can do this. That's all it is for me. I need minimum disruptions.

you are right its not a big thing for many, but for some of us trying even to get a spare hour is impossible these days.

The reason for me is that my wife and I have extremely busy lives. For me this was a run around purchase. enough time went into sorting it.

That's why we have to cover all the possibilities. when, were & how quick they can do this. That's all it is for me. I need minimum disruptions.

you are right its not a big thing for many, but for some of us trying even to get a spare hour is impossible these days.

I sympathise but sometimes time has to be made, 4 hours is not a lot to ask and as it appears it's not an urgent recall everyone, even the really busy ones should be able to plan ahead.

just saw this:

Should a repair be required, the job should take no longer than four hours to complete, and it will be done free of charge.

4 hours!! :msn-oh: You can do a full engine rebuild in that time (almost :shifty: ) - sounds like a flipping big job for a 'non-urgent' recall...

I'm looking forward to it! Last time mine was recalled I got loaned a new RX450 and when I picked mine up it had been cleaned, filled with fuel and a bottle of champagne waiting for the inconvenience from lexus . All done by lexus ipswich great service.

Spoke to lexus ipswich this morning and was told they are still waiting for parts to come in and to wait for letter from vosa then phone them and arrange date for repair.

Spoke to Steve in Customer Services at Guildford and he said out of around 250,000 relevant RX's there had been 30+ problems. So around 6,400 to one odds. Not losing any

sleep over that then....and Lexus will write/email and say when they are ready. Really impressed with the way Lexus [ Guildford branch gets a big :) from me] do their work.

just had a call from Lexus Twick. my car was booked in for next friday but they say all dealers have been told by lexus to hold till something is sorted out.

As at work i couldnt really hear what he was saying as had another phone call on the go,

I agree - this has to be a good thing that Lexus recognises that there is a potential fault and is aiming at putting it right. A lot of cars are subject to recalls, and very often owners are not aware of it as the recall work is carried out during services etc.

You can check whether or not a vehicle has ever been recalled and for what... and you will find that Lexus car have been subject to very few recalls in comparison to others.

https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled

Incidentally, my car registration is not recognised by the web site (?), but a pop up window appeared and I was able to talk directly to a Lexus representative within seconds.

Have you had a look at all the useful info provided at the link spurty/Simon's given us? Scroll up and you will see some interesting stuff about the hybrid system, Q&As and tips about how to make the most of the hybrid system.,

My local dealer has confirmed that mine will be subject to the recall and that letters will be posted to all relevant owners once Lexus UK has made the relevant checks with the DVLA etc.

You are right there seem to be some good tips there - but does the RX400H have eco mode or EV mode or power/sport mode .... if so I haven't noticed.

Mike

just saw this:

Should a repair be required, the job should take no longer than four hours to complete, and it will be done free of charge.

great free of charge, but when and how is this going to work. ive just moved from 2 cars to 1 lexus, and we need a car daily for wife and kids.. pain in the ...!

Personally I would rather be without my car for 4 hours and know when it is repaired it will continue to be reliable rather than not have it done and then possibly break down in the middle of nowhere with the wife and kids in the car when you will probably be waiting more than the 4 hours the repair would have taken to be recovered. Then to find out the recall still needs doing which by now may be too late for a free of charge repair.

Inconvenient maybe but you don't have to have the work done.

Chances are if you go in with the right attitude and explain your circumstances I am pretty sure Lexus would provide a courtesy car :)

It sounds like dry joints on the PCB again to me, since the forced introduction of lead free solder electronics reliability has fallen through the floor.

I wonder why the Military is still allowed to use leaded solder hmm.. could it be reliabilty.. me thinks so.

Thankfully I still have a good stock of the old 60/40 multicore.

It's frightening isn't it? I have a microlight and because of environmental rules the Germans had to stop making rubber fuel tubes the way they always had. I replaced old fuel tube with new thinking I was being 'safe' only to find after 10 months that the new stuff crumbled internally, fed bits of rubber through into the carb and stopped my engine while I was climbing at about 500 feet. Fortunately like you I still had the old pipes, put them back on and they are still hunky dory 5 years further on.

The Law of unintended Consequences comes to mind when I think of environmental laws being passed for safety reasons.

Surely rather than force manufacturers to use different materials for the safety of their workers and the envirnoment, they should instead be forced to look at their processes so that they can deal with the more offensive (but fit for purpose) materials.

Mike

It's frightening isn't it?

Surely rather than force manufacturers to use different materials for the safety of their workers and the envirnoment, they should instead be forced to look at their processes so that they can deal with the more offensive (but fit for purpose) materials.

Mike

Not how the Safety Taliban works. They are concerned solely with one link and not the chain.

new stuff crumbled internally, fed bits of rubber through into the carb and stopped my engine while I was climbing at about 500 feet. Fortunately like you I still had the old pipes, put them back on and they are still hunky dory 5 years further on.

Mike

You changed that while climbing at 500ft??!! :-)

new stuff crumbled internally, fed bits of rubber through into the carb and stopped my engine while I was climbing at about 500 feet. Fortunately like you I still had the old pipes, put them back on and they are still hunky dory 5 years further on.

Mike

Fuel pipes in one hand, radio in the other "Pan Pan"

I think this topic's drifting off course too :)

Mike

Yes I'm allowed to do that 'cos it's a Single Seat De Regulated aircraft :whistling:

Back on topic - I tried to get the car booked in next week and Lexus Teesside said they would try, but came back with the report that the bits aren't manufactured yet and they can't attempt to do them all at once.

Mike

It will take a couple of weeks before they have parts, and tooling required and technical details for actually doing the work, then the letters will be send out in stages, so best advise is to sit tight you will get it done!

I'm keeping an eye and let you know when anything else is released

Mike Sands,

Do you use Mogas and does it have bio fuel added? It rots rubber hosepipes

and clogs filters as it scours the engine of old deposits. Thousands of strimmers/hedge trimmers/lawn mowers have

died as a result of using biofuel petrol.

Green garbage and should be banned as it uses millions of acres of farmland, millions of gallons of water, pushing up food prices as a result.

Mike Sands,

Do you use Mogas and does it have bio fuel added? It rots rubber hosepipes

and clogs filters as it scours the engine of old deposits. Thousands of strimmers/hedge trimmers/lawn mowers have

died as a result of using biofuel petrol.

Green garbage and should be banned as it uses millions of acres of farmland, millions of gallons of water, pushing up food prices as a result.

Beejay - you have actually highlighted the cause of another 'nearly accident' I had in my microlight - last year I had the addtives attack a white nylon quick release connector in the fuel line. It completely blocked it - after the engine stopped in flight I couldn't even blow through this connector. For clarity's sake I will add that I didn't try to do this in flight :D The manufacturer of this particular engine insists that it uses mogas and not avgas. The earlier engine was used on both and it was in the days before many additives were put in mogas, but after the Eurpoean factories were forced to change their Vulcanising chemicals.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links