Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rx400H Recall

Yes, even though mine is registered 2009 I checked on the link and it is subject to this recall. Can only guess it was actually made in 2008.

Lexus Stockport have arranged to pick up and return the car home this month, good service eh? ( would they have informed me directly of the recall if I hadn't have checked through the link? I don't know but would like to think so )

Well spoke to lexus ipswich the other week and they said to wait for the letter from vosa, having checked the link at the start of this post my car is not affected which is strange as is a 2006 and falls between the dates listed.

Wait and see if I receive anything .

Up to last week Lexus Bristol said they were still waiting for details! It's funny how some dealerships appear to know what to do and are doing it/ have done it whilst others know nothing?

Mine is a 2009. Spoke to the recall centre and they confirm it is subject to the recall, however wait until I get the letter from VOSA which ought to be out this month.

Time will tell ..........

Spoke to my dealer at the weekend. They now understand the work that has to be done and staff have received training, supported by detailed videos. They are now awaiting parts and will soon be making appointments with car owners.

I only got my '07 RX400h yesterday, gonne on the Lexus website insterted the number plate and it said tere is an outstanding safety recall for the car. And adviced to call in order to book an appointement.

I called them they passed me to the local dealer (Lexus Canterbury) and then to Toyota Motorline where the service dept is and the car is now booked with them for 23rd of October.

Funny enough though the guy on the recall line said it will be only a couple of hours to rectify...

The guy in the dealership said they need the car for 2 days! drop it in 23rd first thing morning pick it up 24th evening.

And also said they will supply a courtesy car but it is unlikely it will be a 450h ... lol so lets see, hope they will not give me a yaris! I will have a fit! lol

Mine is booked in at Lexus Guildford. Take it in, pick up an insured Lexus [last time was a new 450h with a purchase form in the glove compartment] and bring it back when my car is ready! Easy peasy. :driving:

Next Wednesday.

Some dealers are more "switched on" than others, i called my local one to be told "oh just wait for the letter, we still don't have parts etc etc" (didn't even take my name or number, their loss) so i called a friend in a dealer an hour away who booked me in there and then with a loan car for two days, its actually in the benefit of the dealer to get the recalls done as they get paid obviously for labour and parts but also the loan car!

So its really down to the individual to either wait or try another accommodating dealer

I had my RX400h serviced a couple of weeks ago, when I picked it up the dealer told me that I needed to book it in for recall work. The work was done this week and involved a new inverter being fitted. The inverter was checked under a recall last year and I was told no action was required, the inverter was ok. I presume a further problem has developed needing the part to be changed. I did not have a recall letter through the post, as I said, dealer informed me on collection from a service.

Contacted my dealer Lexus Hedge End/Southampton) today as I would like the work done before we go on holiday on 27/10. They confirmed that the parts are being released and by car is booked in for 23/10. They confirm that they only need the car for one day.

Post arrived today with letter from VOSA saying my 2009 RX400h is on the recall list .......

Spoke to Lexus Ipswich who are now geared up to do the work and the vehicle is now booked in for 2 weeks time. :driving:

Post arrived today with letter from VOSA saying my 2009 RX400h is on the recall list .......

Spoke to Lexus Ipswich who are now geared up to do the work and the vehicle is now booked in for 2 weeks time. :driving:

Hopefully get letter soon and can get it booked in at ipswich also. Still waiting for letter at minute.

Hopefully get letter soon and can get it booked in at ipswich also. Still waiting for letter at minute.

I would call the Lexus central line to be honest and enquire that...

The dealer had no saying to me, I was firstly told by the main Lexus line (in the main website where you enter the number plate of the car and then it says if it is in the recall or not). That my car was part of the recall.

And then they transfered the line to the closest Lexus to me, to book the appointement.

I do not understand this, if your car is part of the recall, then you do not need to wait for the letter.

I would have never recevied the letter as I am the owner of the car less than a week (picked it up last Saturday).

Well I have just put my details into the lexus recall bit on their web site and again it says my car is not affected, how could this be as it's a 2006 model and have seen owners on here with similar age or newer requiring there's to be recalled. Perhaps this is why I haven't heard anything. It did go in before when there was a similar recall a year or so back but nothing this time as yet.

Phoned lexus ipswich this morning and they checked all my car details and mine is not affected so will not be recalled. I asked what are they doing and was told they are looking at a couple of components inside the inverters. For the record mine is a July 2006 model.

I can confirm that you do not need the letter. Your dealer has all the details needed for them to check whether or not your car is affected by the recall. Incidentally, when I entered my registration details on the Lexus website, it was not recognised. I am told that it's probably because the previous owner had private plates, and that the registration number I now have is likely to be different to what the original would have been.

The letter is sent to all relevant owners. We are "privileged" in some way, because through this forum we get information earlier than others, but plenty of other owners will not be aware of the recall until they receive the letter. If their car is not subject to the recall, they will most likely remain oblivious to it.

• Like 1

I had my RX400h serviced a couple of weeks ago, when I picked it up the dealer told me that I needed to book it in for recall work. The work was done this week and involved a new inverter being fitted. The inverter was checked under a recall last year and I was told no action was required, the inverter was ok. I presume a further problem has developed needing the part to be changed. I did not have a recall letter through the post, as I said, dealer informed me on collection from a service.

VOSA recall letter arrived today.

• Like 1

Phoned lexus ipswich this morning and they checked all my car details and mine is not affected so will not be recalled. I asked what are they doing and was told they are looking at a couple of components inside the inverters. For the record mine is a July 2006 model.

were you affected by the previous inverter recall?

were you affected by the previous inverter recall?
Yes I was , it went in back in October 2011 but not required to go in this time.