Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Make Gold More Apealing

phunt

I believe the point Phunt has made is a valid one and I don't believe anyone has failed to understand him.

The suggestions made about a 'review section' is a good one. Pretty much like we do reviews for meets and our experiences as Lexus dealerships in the review section, we could also create a review section where people can write their personal experiences and benefits from using their Gold membership. Here all new members and 'old' members can read up and share their experiences with others.

Also, then people like myself can add this link in my signature for others to click on and read. :D

Yep I agree... I think that would be a good way to go.. There would be so many reviews with so much money saved how could anybody not go gold !!!

After all I have only bought small bits and still got my money back :D

jac

Thats exactly wat i was aiming for.somewhere noobies can go to look at how happy ppl are to have joined GOLD .This would eleveate the doubts that i first had when joining .After all most noobs have just bought there car so cash can sumtimes be tight and the last thing you wanna be throwin £25 at is something you dont know exactly wat your gettin.they just need that extra push ;) i know the 2 links did it for me :) thanx guys

£25.00 is not alot of money, its a weeks cigs for some people or a cheap night out, and what u get for the £25.00 is a years worth of good karma and a groovy Gold members card and stickers and a private forum full of cheapness to buy! I would say im one of the Poorest Lexus owners in the country :crybaby: but i would not hessitate to pay the £25.00 each year. anyway just my tuppence :whistling:

talking of gold testimonials.. i remember asking for testimonials off members who went to the Toyota factory tour... and all i got back was "gold is great" as a testimonial.

Not so funny really considering the work caused getting that tour set up.

If someone would like to send me a testimonial then I would really appreciate something.. perhpas 100 or 1200 word testimonial?

Certainly help a treat!

what is my saving up to now??? 1,200 quid i think

is that it Ian........... :lol:

:duh: .......nnoooooooooooooo, is that your testimonial

D'oh.. I see... sorry its late, Im tired...

No its not my testimonial... im sure i can throw some more detail in there somewhere...

(like the 30K service, saved 27 quid) - the membership fee alone...

etc etc..

"THe Factory tour was great. Never had the opportunity to see how a car wasmade before and to do it among fellow enthusiasts of a mark which is now Britains second largest Car manufacturer was a real bonus. Also its the Only place where cars are now exported back to Japan 'cos the british build quality is considered worthy. From this alone you can see I was doing more than learing at the gorgeous girl that was presenting us with this interesting facts.

The fact that this was open to goldmembers is just another testemony to the worthwhile investment of £25 to help run a club that is genuinely "for the people, by the people".

ANy good to ya Steve?

"THe Factory tour was great. Never had the opportunity to see how a car wasmade before and to do it among fellow enthusiasts of a mark which is now Britains second largest Car manufacturer was a real bonus. Also its the Only place where cars are now exported back to Japan 'cos the british build quality is considered worthy. From this alone you can see I was doing more than learing at the gorgeous girl that was presenting us with this interesting facts.

The fact that this was open to goldmembers is just another testemony to the worthwhile investment of £25 to help run a club that is genuinely "for the people, by the people".

ANy good to ya Steve?

A round of applause for Loz, that was great :D

I think you summed it all up. Although we were paraded around in a stretch golf buggy wearing plastic hats, :lol: the Toyota factory tour overall was excellent. I hadn't been to a car manufacturing plant before and visiting Toyota with lots of other fellow Lexus members and TOC members was just simply great. I think this was a unique event, which may or may not even come round again. Definitely an eye opener into the great world of automobile assembly. :D

since joining gold i have

met some fantastic folks who i hope i will know for many years

been karting, on a factory tour gone to billing ,lotherton hall, stoke, Gaydon, Cotswolds, Derby, Donnington, Brooklands, cheshire oaks

and met

zee, loz, harty, duncan, gus, matt, mat, :winky: lyn :wub: imi, maz, mrbvg, johnny, paul, jac, rhains, figits, ifraz, sanj, kavey, steve wm, randyraindeer, steve admin, bazza, mrs bazza, PJ, mrs pj, sammy, mr sammy, sammys nsx, grim, dave sporty+ family, javadude, fargo ,rod, mitch....the list could go on into hundreds

now i would have paid to meet each of these folks at they are all warm harted and generous

each member has helped make this club into a real community

the question is what would make you not part with £25 cos if you dont what will you miss out on next year and who will you never meet

so i saved some cash on servicing and parts if i didnt have the lex would i have spent the money ? i dont kno

i dont care every time i log on i see friends

£25 its nothing

I went Gold - and I don't even have my own Lexus - I just "borrow" one when we share the driving :D

No regrets - it's the best value £25 I've spent in ages

(Although I saved £60 on a handbag on Saturday in the sale - reduced from £110, so in a way that's paid for my Gold membership :whistling: )

Okay, I've been a member for about 5 months,

What did I get for my 25 quid??

Firstly, the sense of well-being that I am supporting the club that gives me so much useful and helpful advice, any club needs funds to keep running, and my small contribution helps towards that.

Without LOC, i would of never got my corroded alloys replaced FOC! (thanks Mat W :winky: )

I saved 425 quid on my car insurance with the LOC GOLD scheme

I saved 34 quid on my 30K service.

My dealer gave me 4 new tyres at cost, due to being a member (saving of 200 quid)

I saved 15 quid on a set of 2003 rear light clusters.

I got a set of JDM headlights 1/2 price (saving 150 quid).

I saved 100 quid on a sports mesh grill.

So finacially, i have saved 925 quid from being a member (in just 4 months!).. but all the advice I have recieved is priceless, and well worth the membership...