Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist Package Price

Newbie here.

I am just about to place an order for an IS 300h Premier, but was hesitating on the option of the Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, etc. of which little information and no price is listed as far as I can see.

Can anyone throw more light on these and what the cost is in the UK?

Thanks,

Ahb is automatic high beam. You push a button near to the button where the parking sensor button is, and when you flick the high beam stalk forward a light comes on the dashboard with a light and auto. A camera on the back of mirror monitors light from oncoming vehicles or rear lights of cars in front and dips the high beam automatically so good for country roads etc and returns high beam when they are no oncoming lights detected again.

Lda is lane departure alert. The same camera monitors the whites lines on the road, which turn on using a button the steering wheel When you go above 32 mph the hollow lines go white when it identifies a line on either or both sides on the road If you start to cross it without indicating the line on the dashboard flashes yellow and an alarm sounds.

ACC is adaptive cruise control you set the speed of vehicle using normal cruise control and also you set the distance you always want to remain from the car in front, short medium or long. On the dashboard a car appears on the screen when it is detected and will slow the car to match the speed of the vehicle in front. When they move out the way and it is clear the car returns to the speed set.

PCS is a pre braking system which uses the same radar for the ACC to alert you if you may hit the car in front and sounds an alarm. It provides additional braking assistance and helps the car to stop more effectively. Apparently in the future cars fitted with this technology may get cheaper car insurance, but will have to wait and see. I think it can apply the brakes for you, like it does on the acc but obviously haven't had to try it!!

Hope that helps but let me know if you want to know anything else. So you get four things for the money. On the previous model it was over 2000 pound and you only got acc and pcs so it is better value now.

Ahb is automatic high beam. You push a button near to the button where the parking sensor button is, and when you flick the high beam stalk forward a light comes on the dashboard with a light and auto. A camera on the back of mirror monitors light from oncoming vehicles or rear lights of cars in front and dips the high beam automatically so good for country roads etc and returns high beam when they are no oncoming lights detected again.

Lda is lane departure alert. The same camera monitors the whites lines on the road, which turn on using a button the steering wheel When you go above 32 mph the hollow lines go white when it identifies a line on either or both sides on the road If you start to cross it without indicating the line on the dashboard flashes yellow and an alarm sounds.

ACC is adaptive cruise control you set the speed of vehicle using normal cruise control and also you set the distance you always want to remain from the car in front, short medium or long. On the dashboard a car appears on the screen when it is detected and will slow the car to match the speed of the vehicle in front. When they move out the way and it is clear the car returns to the speed set.

PCS is a pre braking system which uses the same radar for the ACC to alert you if you may hit the car in front and sounds an alarm. It provides additional braking assistance and helps the car to stop more effectively. Apparently in the future cars fitted with this technology may get cheaper car insurance, but will have to wait and see. I think it can apply the brakes for you, like it does on the acc but obviously haven't had to try it!!

Hope that helps but let me know if you want to know anything else. So you get four things for the money. On the previous model it was over 2000 pound and you only got acc and pcs so it is better value now.

Hi,

Just to let you know we have recently launched a new car insurance scheme for vehicles with crash mitigation systems fitted.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks for that, but unfortunately it is too late! I placed an order for IS300h Premier yesterday without the package.

Although I would ideally liked to have had it, I was quoted a delivery date of January for a special factory order to include it. Instead I went for one without the package that will be with me in 3 weeks. It wasn't just the wait time that put me off. At present I understand that Lexus dealers are being encouraged to get as many IS300hs onto the road as soon as possible, so until the end of September I was offered a deal of their cost + £100 for any car that was currently available or arriving imminently, This saved me over £1,900 from the list price which wouldn't have been available if I had gone for the options package. Effectively ACC/AHB/PCS/LDA would have cost me in excess of £3,400!!

I suspect some of this may have been dealer sales tactics, but I can understand why they want to get cars on the road and the first full sales quarter for this model will end at the end of September so there is almost certainly a grain of truth to it. I was told this by two separate dealerships.

I am sure the package is great and I would have liked to have had those extra features, but with such a feature rich car, I suspect the slight tinge of disappointment in not getting them will soon be forgotten in the excitement of learning the complexities and foibles of both a new car and new brand (coming from Audi).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links