Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gs300 Problems

uk173

Can anybody recommend a good lexus independant garage in Birmingham and can anyone please advise me of any known master cylinder issues with these Gs 300's. Mine which is a 2001 gs 300 shakes badly when I brake so thinking it was probably a warped disc I took it down to local garage who then informed me that one of the calipers was seized and that it looked like that the master cylinder had gone.....he based this on the fact that the brake fluid was bubbling when the brake pedal was pressed ...Can that be so? Could do with some advice please.

How/where were they seeing bubbling in the brake fluid? The master cyclinder is combined with a hydraulic brake booster. In pre-2000 cars, these were prone to failure (indicated by a constant buzzer sound), but not heard of a failure on later models and your 2001 model should have the larger uprated version of the booster.

The other stuff is quite common on older Lexus' in general, not just the GS. Seized calipers and/or slide pins is very common.

• Like 1