Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I have an IS220D and bought her new in 2007. I have done 65,000 and have just found out that my front Alloy has deteriorated and I need to have a new one, this explains why I have gone through 3 new tyres!

I have spoken to Lexus and they say its not covered does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Sarah

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Lexus alloy wheels are renowned for corrosion and have in the past been replaced under warranty but at 6 years old I would think this would not be covered however if you have a FLSH it wouldn't hurt to push your dealer a little.

The engine warranty has been extended on the 220d which I believe is now 7 years or 110,000 miles but that's a one off.

Probably your best bet would be to find a decent secondhand one on eBay.

What has actually happened to the wheel to wreck 3 tyres? The corrosion looks unsightly but doesn't normally cause tyre damage unless the rim seal is poor and the pressures haven't been checked regularly.

Indeed, I believe they have removed 'road wheels' from any extended warranty that is purchased now.

Well it was on the recent document I looked at.

Likewise, a tad puzzled how corrosion ruins tyres. Have you heavily curbed one or split it somehow? My son had a split/cracked alloy on an Astra Bertone that knackered two tyres before he or the tyre company realised what was going on.

thanks for the reply guys, to be honest I think I have curbed it a few times!! I didn't know about the extended warranty on the engine when did that happen?

I love my car but at the moment I am not enjoying driving it!

Sarah

The extended engine warranty was brought in because of problems with the head gasket on the 220d,it is well documented on this forum.

To qualify you need to have a FLSH and meet the criteria mentioned previously.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links