Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Winter

Teeonethousand

I don't think the few days we have of snow or low temperatures is such a big deal. I drove my SC430 all last year and we did have some very bad days. I don't believe in winter tyres they are just a tyre makers hype. If you change your tyres one week for winter snow you will have to change them back one or two weeks latter and who is going to do that. ? Fact is if you do you will spend longer on an inappropriate tyre than if you just make do with a tyre that's decent in the wet. That's more than adequate for Uk winters. I have a an x type Jag (3ltre 230 bhp) with 4 wheel drive and its great in the winter on ordinary tyres. My son has a number of cars and had to borrow the Jag just to get out of his drive.

One of them (a Golf) had winter tyres. On top of that I drove my 430SC to his home and out again and he was gobsmacked. But the winter snow button really

does help . it just helps even idiots not to put their foot down too hard and the gearbox does the rest. The 430sc is brilliant in all weathers considering its power and its rear wheel drive.

Trouble is some of the people who own them haven't got a clue how to drive or why to drive according to the conditions. Winter has no problems for the few weeks its even real winter. Most of the year ordinary tyres are the right ones to be on in any car and winter tyres may be slightly beneficial around 30% max time in winter let alone at all other times of the year.