Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Friends

After many years I sold my RX400h today. No repairs throughout and I must say it is one of the most reliable and comfortable vehicles with a class of its own. I had critics telling me the this hybrid Battery will drop in performance etc etc etc. Complex electronics blah blah blah...

I can say that throughout its life i felt no difference in performance or fuel consumption. These myths are real rubbish if someone maintains the vehicle and runs it regularly. Only down side I experienced was the standard Battery that could die on as long vacation (Not the hybrid cell). Having said that this SUV is great pleasure to own. Specially when you do not have a repair bill for the entire history even after warranty!

The forum was great to exchange ideas. I had few tips collected and shared a few as well. Sad to leave the Lexus and the club here. Now that I don't own one I don't think I can be here.

For those who still own and plan to buy... it is a worthy choice after my experience of owning Mercs, PGs, Aus, and BMs with very low reliability. Enjoy.

Nana.

You won't be getting better fuel efficiency from a Landcruiser - they're about as thirsty as cars get :-(

Hyundai Santa Fe would have been a better bet, or Kia Sorento, or XC90 - almost anything over an LC :-)

And, in fact, you're unlikely to get a better fuel efficiency from them either, unless you do a lot of motorway miles. My last car was an SF - a good car but I averaged 26mpg of more expensive diesel, compared to the 30mpg from my Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links