Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help please

I have a parking sensor out on my LS430. Does anybody know if these are interchangeable with the standard ones from eBay? They look the same from the outside. Do the aftermarket ones fit Ok if they are?

Also can you lever the old ones out the bumper without having to remove the front bumper?

Thanks if anybody can help on this one.

Andy

andy one of mine is out ( front offside) - I have had a look and it appears lexus are the only ones that do them - i have read that you can access the corner ones through the wheel arch

HTH

That's not good news Mark. Have you priced them up from Lexus? I have the nearside corner one faulty.

Thanks for the reply.

Andy

andy one of mine is out ( front offside) - I have had a look and it appears lexus are the only ones that do them - i have read that you can access the corner ones through the wheel arch

HTH

That's not good news Mark. Have you priced them up from Lexus? I have the nearside corner one faulty.

Thanks for the reply.

Andy

I have purchased two new sensors from China for £75 including delivery. I will let you know how I got on. I removed the outside one ok from inside the wheel arch to check it. I'm not sure how easy the one further in will be. They claim to be the proper Denso ones and the labels look the same as the OEM. Who knows from China, but that is where the original ones were made anyway...

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick update. Sensors arrived from China. Delivery promised within 10 days and they arrived in 4 days from order. They look identical to the original sensors and the box says genuine Toyota pats. More importantly, fitted in under an hour and they work perfectly. No more 'Check Sonar' message.

It was the two outer units that had failed. Pretty fiddly accessing from inside the wheel arch after removing the liner. But at least I didn't have to rmove the bumper. Worst part was the fact there is no slack at all on the cables at all.

£30.00 per sensor for new units and £15.00 delivery. Cheaper than people are selling second hand units for on eBay...

• 1 year later...

Just bought a parking sensor for my LS430. I took a deep breath and bought one from China, using eBay.

It cost £14.99, with free delivery, and came through UK customs without any duty being asked for. It took 11 days to arrive, but that was 9 days sooner than their quickest estimate.

The box has a part number of 89341-50011-BO

I have read that as this is to replace a front corner sensor, that the easiest way is to take off the wheel liner to gain access.

Can anyone advise on how the wheel liner is removed? I have searched on the forum, and there are no obvious instructions, so it will probably be obvious once I get my head in to the wheel arch. I also anticipate that this could be fiddly, and will fall under the warning that "a ten minute job always takes two hours" :msn-oh:

Thank you

Some months ago I scraped my rear offside corner and pushed the sensor into the bumper, where it hung, cheerfully bleeping, until I had time to get the car to Lexus Bristol - meanwhile they had ordered a genuine part from Japan, I having decided that at my age I'm not about to start fiddling underneath my vehicle. The total job, including making good the marks on the bumper, cost me £270, of which the part price with fitment was £170-ish. I'm not normally profligate and I regard that as money well spent.

Incidentally I have nothing but praise for the service standard at Lexus Bristol. They seem to want to 'go the extra mile' time and again. The coffee's good too.

AFB

here you go. on right side of video click on step no 3. Remove Bulb

http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2004_Lexus_LS430_4.3L_V8/lights/turn_signal_front

Thanks for this. I'll give it a go tomorrow. The partial removal of the liner, in this film, seemed to be OK, but it appeared to be quite a challenge to get it back in again.

Let's see how I get on.

i changed mine a year or so ago - if i remember correctly - i had to undue half a dozen screws but i made a mistake when checking the new sensor - i changed it then started the car and switched them on and it looked fine - put everything back together only to find out that i should of put it in drive to check the sensors!! because the beeping was back.

i think its the right centre one which is faulty and not the right corner one which i changed

• 2 months later...

i changed mine a year or so ago - if i remember correctly - i had to undue half a dozen screws but i made a mistake when checking the new sensor - i changed it then started the car and switched them on and it looked fine - put everything back together only to find out that i should of put it in drive to check the sensors!! because the beeping was back.

i think its the right centre one which is faulty and not the right corner one which i changed

Did you ever get that centre sensor fixed? I have that problem.

Jon

hi jon

no i haven't - its still the same and because I have the reverse camera it hasn't caused too much bother.

I'm not even sure if the centre sensors are reachable with the front bumper in place.

Thanks for the quick response.

I think my front bumper will come off easily enough as I had them both off for respraying earlier this year. My error message says front centre, but there may be other faults as I have been told they display sequentially i.e. only by fixing the frst do you find out if there is another fault. So I am reluctant to commit to full-price replacements as I might need a few.

I am wondering about getting a local shop that retro fits sensors to look at swapping in a generic replacement, and see if it works.

Thanks again

Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links