Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am so sorry and utterly amazed that your engine has gone kaput ............ bet it's never been known in the life of Ls400 ordinary motoring !!!! How unlucky ( if that's what it really is and the mechanic hasn't just fouled up)

Anyway, £360 sounds an ok result to me and £50 an hour isn't bad either ........... assuming they take great care and do the job properly.

I would still be fascinated as to how the exhaust cost breaks down though.

Can't help thinking that such bad luck has been somewhat exacerbated by poor care and workmanship at Lexus ..... but what would I know. :whistling:

****, sure hope that my 11 years of Ls400 ownership with miniscule costs and effectively trouble free motoring continue.

Best wishes with it all anyway. Just keep us posted.

Malc

• Like 1

Well the engine arrived today so I asked them to give me the engine number so as I can send theV5C to the D.V.L.A. with new number, o.k. was the reply, about 20 minutes later they asked me did I know where the number was as they couldn't find it ,I said yes it is on the engine, that was about midday it is now 23:35 and no reply from them so I think I'll go to bed---Good night Chaps. :megaangry:

It's not really strange at all guys ............ Lexus have never had to remove one and replace one before !!!!

Simple answer is to check where it is by looking !!!!! or maybe it's on the log book V5C of the donor car ? all they got to do is ask and then check physically maybe.

Malc

Wow now thats a lot for an exhaust.

Had my exhaust totally replaced cats an all from a chap in Leeds, made to measure in stainless, took him just under 5hrs, total cost £688, would have been just £400 but the cats did need doing as well.

The car is a little noisier now as a result, bit of a rumble when pulling off, don't notice it after that, but it does feel better, we will see if the MPG has changed any on my next refill of the other money pit - the fuel tank.

Hello Chris: Just looking at the bill for your exhaust I know I'll never go to this garage again, your whole job was cheaper than my 2 converter assy's ( £779.26 ) and then all the other parts/ labour v.a.t. etc,etc.. ---Now I have the dread of the price for the starter motor plus the installing of the engine . I am not looking forward to the grand total at all. OH!! by the way they have managed to find the engine number The saga continues !! :megaangry:

Hello Chris: Just looking at the bill for your exhaust I know I'll never go to this garage again, your whole job was cheaper than my 2 converter assy's ( £779.26 ) and then all the other parts/ labour v.a.t. etc,etc.. ---Now I have the dread of the price for the starter motor plus the installing of the engine . I am not looking forward to the grand total at all. OH!! by the way they have managed to find the engine number The saga continues !! :megaangry:

I just cannot believe we are talking about a Lexus main dealership.

Hello mike: yes it is a main dealer, and I forgot to mention that when they replaced the skoda with a Gs300 I had to ad it to my insurance for two weeks! which runs out on Friday this week which I told them about and they said they would try to finish it by then. after all it has only been with them for 3 weeks

I think I would investigate having a postmortem on the old engine by a neutral engineer. Something just doesn't smell right. I am not casting doubt on what you have told us, but this story is strange.

Well tomorrow the insurance for the Gs300 runs out, so we are going down to Lexus to see how far they have progressed with the car,---it is D-day if they can't fix a car in 5 days something is completely wrong they said to take out the insurance for 2 weeks, which runs out FRIDAY, and then we are left with no wheels--at the weekend my son-in law and niece are coming down from Scotland and we have no means of taking them anywhere and SHMBO is livid because of what is going on. I will let you know the outcome of what happens.

Well -we went down to Lexus yesterday and handed the keys of the 300 back to them and asked is our 400 ready NO was the answer as they were waiting for some parts to arrive, because our car has l.p.g. on it they had to change the manifolds over, and they were waiting for the gaskets. We told them that the insurance on the 300 would run out at 12:00 ( that we had to pay for) this was at 10:30,we were told to extend it, That was when S.H.M.B.O. quite calmly took over, pointing out that it was their car and they should place it on their policy, also we needed transport as her son and grand daughter were coming down from Scotland on Monday for three days, and we had made plans for taking them out, also afterwards we were going to the yearly (Old farts Army Reunion) which now looked like having to be cancelled, then we got the spiel about how sorry they were but they were doing their best to sort things out. after about 20mins of conversation they said that they would go 50-50 on the insurance. NO was the firm answer, so more talking. We both walked outside, for a while, when we went back in the 300 had been put on their INS ,but they cant give us a date when the 400 will be ready at all. The SAGA continues--by-by-CHAPS

What about the power of the press ?? well, this forum ............ would it be useful to tell them that all of this saga has been recorded for posterity on this Forum and that thus far xxxxx number of Lexus owning members have read of this debacle and the consequential influence of this peer group ??? what do you think ??

Malc

The Saga is in fact a travesty of all what should be happening here,if what I have read so far is correct the Garage staff have breached the custumer code that Lexus holds so dearly and is printed in your service book under the title "ceremony of the keys".

I would start a case against them now and make sure everything that as occured since the first booking in is documented get names of personnel times and what was said by who written down and documented in a live file.

Inform Lexus UK of what as happened so far and make the dealership aware that you are taking action against them do not threaten or obstruct them in what they are doing at this time .

If they refuse to do anymore work because you are taking action do not start a war just remove your car ,the fact that they are taking that kind of realitory action will count in your favour at a later stage.

Try to avoid any confrontation and let only one person deal with them try to pin down only one of their senior staff on the case do not deal with all and sundry and insist on dealing with that person at all times ,the reasons for this I will not explain now as this is a open forum and info is anyone's.

You will recieve all kinds of good intentioned action advice but stick to the strategy outlined and it will make the case a lot easier to solve at a later date.Do not start any legal proceedings yet, get the car fixed first ,that way your good intentions will be clear at a later stage if arbitration comes into play.

I am amazed at what is going on here.

I would definitely do two things

1. Start writing down just in note form, dates, times and conversations.

2. Let them know by way of a link to what is being said on this forum, Cant see newspapers being interested this sort of thing is two a penny to them.

3. Contact the highest possible person in Lexus UK (CEO) by way of a letter to start with and then if nothing is forth coming follow up with a telephone call, Also let them have a link to this forum.

In the mean time have a read of this. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/54646-lexus-complaint-bradford-leeds/

We have been reading with interest your comments and advise, and have decided not to give too much information as this is an open forum,just to say we are going to keep pursuing this further. Cheers Chaps. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links